Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Phoenix School of Law  (Read 48702 times)

Master Mech.

• View Profile
Re: Phoenix School of Law
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2011, 05:58:53 PM »
Isn't the only other school in AZ, Arizona State, Sandra Day's school?  Are you a disgruntled student?  I'm not saying your wrong about Phoenix, btw.  I really don't know too much about the school.  61% it harsh.

The point of the forum is to provide information.  The fact is the overall bar passage rate was below 60%, something which I find alarming and I would think most people would agree.  Another fact is that low bar passage rate is directly related to the quality of the education, let's face it bar passage is completely dependent on bar prep courses otherwise there would be no law schools.  Another fact is that consistently low bar passage results will impact a the employment opportunities of graduates and alumni.  Another fact is that tuition is over $20K per semester, which means students pay a large amount only to have a 61% chance of passing the Arizona bar.  Perhaps you do not find the ABA results noteworthy, but I would certainly beg to differ that interested students should take note, because ABA results are fact and "61% it harsh", is not a complete sentence.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2011, 09:27:59 PM »
Hmmm (not a sentence).  So many words to reiterate what was already said, and state the obvious (a sentence). Cheers (not a sentence). Dude, wtf are you trying to say (a sentence)? Is it just- "Phoenix sucks because it has a low bar passage rate"  (a sentence).  Why so many words (not a sentence)?

Obvious typo- "61% it harsh (not a sentence and really awkward)" was meant to be "61% is harsh (a sentence and not awkward)".  Please do not be so touchy (a sentence).  The fact that I was mostly agreeing with you seems to have gone over your head (a sentence).  I'm a d.- bag, I know (a sentence).
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2011, 10:27:19 PM »
The bar is a standardized test and whether a student passes or not has a lot more to do with the individuals preparation not the school they attended.

Furthermore, Phoenix had a 96% bar passage rate. http://www.lsac.org/LSACResources/Publications/2011OG/aba4127.pdf Don't know where this 61% figure is coming from. What Phoenix is doing or not doing realistically doesn't play much of a role whether their passage is 96% or 61% each individual deserves the credit for passing not their school.