Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: WUSL or Vanderbilt?  (Read 2629 times)

jolin20010

• View Profile
WUSL or Vanderbilt?
« on: March 30, 2007, 10:40:46 PM »
I have received the LLM ad from WUSL and Vanderbilt. And I have to make the decision in a few days.

Three factors account for my consideration:
1.The reputation of these two schools. Most friends in China persuade me to WUSL. And friends in U.S. choose Vandy.
2.The quality of teaching. Since the tuition fee and living expense are closed in these two schools, I have no idea which one is worth studying.
3.The influence on my returning China. The student body is a very important factor in my future job.

Thank you very much!

johns259

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • GW Law
Re: WUSL or Vanderbilt?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 02:20:03 AM »
Vandy all the way.

fostdog69

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 02:31:54 AM »

Really, you're friends in China told you that WUSTL was the best choice. So that should be really authoritative huh, your chinese friends. Since they know a lot about American law schools. When I have a question about things in America, I like to ask people from China what their opinion is, only because they know so much about American culture. Hooold the phone, Hong Kong hires a lot of American law students, that's why we should listen to our Chinese friends about what is the best law school to attend. Since Hong Kong recruits sooooooo heavily from WUSTL that would definitely be the best choice. WUSTL it is.

jolin20010

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 06:57:22 AM »
Thank you for your advice.

The law firm in H.K. regards the graduate in WUSL better? I didn't know that....

johns259

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • GW Law
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 08:57:32 AM »
Vandy Law has a better national reputation, but in the midwest WUSTL will be better.

fasapes

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 10:58:16 PM »
According to my American friends, WUSTL has a broader national reputation in the US.