Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Miami - Real Estate LLM  (Read 8633 times)

iahurricane

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Miami - Real Estate LLM
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2007, 11:32:23 AM »
I would say a Tax LLM is worth it.  I would say an LLM from a top 10 school would be worth it.  But I don't think anyone cares about a RE LLM.  Plus Miami isn't a good school.  Therefore, I doubt it will increase his/her salary.

I could be wrong but I don't think its worth it.

The real estate in south florida has been about as good as it gets in the country the past 10 years. So whether or not you think Miami is a "good school" or not, they are the #1 school in one of the best real estate areas. Getting connections in your years at Miami will benefit you more than going to a top-10 school when it comes to selling houses.

LLMray

• View Profile
Re: Miami - Real Estate LLM
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 07:56:03 PM »
For the Florida programs, you really should check out Gainseville (Levin) - not Miami.  Check the US News.  FL Levin is #2 (Tax) for the past couple of years.  They bumped GT. (I'd probably still go to GT because they've got the peer-reputation notwithstanding the US News.)  Also, you may want to consider Levin's Estate Planning emphasis program.  If Tax is too technical, an LLM in Estate Planning may be a better fit for you.  I agree with the tone of the other posts though, an RE LLM probably isn't going ot fatten your paycheck much - if any.