Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Class of 2010  (Read 32816 times)

sblount

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Class of 2010
« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2007, 09:19:00 PM »
Hey guys, I haven't posted in a while...very busy.  I assume everyone is these days.  Anyone chat today?  I wasn't able to chat either time because I'm working weird hours this summer.  from the postings on here it seems like Monday wasn't too interesting.  Just curious to know if today was the same, or if there were any hilights.  Hope everyone is having a great summer.  It's almost time (yikes, so much to do before then!). 

aslaw505

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2007, 10:27:08 PM »
Hi Sophia! Today's chat was a little better I thought - we bonded over our dogs  :)

aslaw505

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2007, 10:32:19 PM »
Someone in the chat (michaelb, I believe?) was asking about salary statistics, and I couldn't remember which web site had that info. I think it's US News, but since I can't find my US News name and password, I copied this from another thread on here:

Starting Salaries (2005 Graduates Employed Full-time)
Private sector (25th-75th percentile): $46,500 - $100,000
Median in the private sector: $61,250
Percent in the private sector who reported salary information: 56%
Median in public service: $40,000

Since it's from an LSD post, I don't know what the original source was. Anyway, if michaelb happens to be hanging around here...there you go.

sblount

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2007, 07:18:07 PM »
I can't believe I missed the dog bonding session!  Oh well, very busy these days.  My dog is looking at me right now with the sad puppy eyes, she needs a walk. I just packed my first box (it contains books).  Sort of sad and sort of exciting.  I move my stuff to PA on August 1 (but it leaves for PA on July 26), and then I'll be working until 8/15.  Then I'll be in Carlisle for good.  Can't wait to see you all.  Anyone else getting a bit nervous/overwhelmed by how soon we really start (my 'things I need' list grows exponentially every day, although 'need' is most definitely a relative term).  Hope everyone is enjoying themselves, we start classes 2 months from today!

lizd

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2007, 07:49:56 PM »
I think I signed in to the chat at the tail end (no pun intended, haha!) of the dog bonding conversation.. It sounds like several people have dogs so I am excited to meet some other dogs that Cody might be able to play with. I didn't see any parks that allow dogs off leash. Anyone know if the local parks are pretty strict about that? I have a big yard now that I will be giving up (although my place has a small yard) and Cody LOVES to play ball, frisbee, etc....pretty hard to do if I have to keep him on a leash!

sblount

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2007, 08:07:14 PM »
hey, my landlord actually talked to me about the leash laws, and we went on a quick walk in a park.  The park next to my new place, on South East Street, apparently has dogs off the leash all the time.  My landlord has 2 golden retrievers, and he said he's never had a problem, and that people are out playing ball/frisbee with their dogs all the time.  It sounds like it's not that strict, so I wouldn't worry too much about the leash laws.  My dog is so big that she scares people (even though she's the biggest teddy bear ever and is so sweet), so I generally keep her on the leash in parks anyway so that she won't run up to say hello to anyone and give them a heart attack.  Apparently there's a lot of places to go hiking around carlisle.  Hiking is generally when I let Alice off the leash, so I'm psyched that there are trails around.  Hope this info helped.

lizd

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2007, 08:18:52 PM »
Thanks - that helped a lot! I also take my dog hiking when I can, and I know the AT is close.

lizd

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 02, 2007, 07:05:58 PM »
Is anyone signing up for a mentor? I got an email today with a mentor request form. Can any current students (Kilroy are you there?!) comment on whether this is helpful?

sblount

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: July 02, 2007, 11:41:48 PM »
haha, I just specifically signed onto LSD to ask about the mentor as well, so consider me also interested in the answer to lizd's mentor question. 

aslaw505

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #99 on: July 03, 2007, 08:48:35 AM »
I completed the mentor form - sounds like a good way to meet people. After reading through the IIT info, I'm left with the impression that the Dell Latitude is the only computer on which we can get the PSU discount. Is that how everyone else read it? It sounds like a good deal, but I don't really want a Dell (I wasn't particularly impressed with the Dell laptop I had in undergrad). Anyone have opinions/advice? Is the PSU IT support really that helpful/convenient/worth it?