Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Class of 2010  (Read 33216 times)

aslaw505

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Class of 2010
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2007, 11:38:15 AM »
FYI for those of you who are looking for a place to live - 426 Franklin St is for rent. It's not on the law school housing list. I have no idea what they're asking, but it looks like a well-maintained place from the outside. 1 block from Janice Austin's place :-) (and about 3 blocks from where I live) Semi-detached house. 717-275-2215.

psumike09

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2007, 03:22:53 PM »
I will be a 2L at DSL this fall. For those of you on the fence, Dickinson is a great place.  I have been happy with the choice that I made to attend. For the first semester, enjoy Torts, tolerate Criminal Law, and learn to deal with your Civ. Pro teacher (I had him for Con Law, many of you will have him for Civ. Pro.). The best advice I can give is pay attention from day one to your Legal Writing course. There is a lot of good information in the course that sometimes gets overlooked. For reading, I perused "Getting to Maybe" during the semester and got an A- in contracts, so I thought it helped.

aslaw505

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2007, 09:35:09 PM »
Thanks for the advice, Mike. Did you get a summer reading list as an incoming student? If so, did you read the books they suggested? Were they helpful?

Gwiz

• Sr. Citizen
  • Can't Touch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2007, 10:05:28 AM »
I just sent my 2nd deposit yesturday.  Look out, Here I come! 8)
I wanna be a gunner when I grow up.

aslaw505

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2007, 10:34:02 AM »
Me too! Now I just have to get through the next 2 months of my incredibly boring job...

psumike09

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2007, 09:18:51 PM »
Thanks for the advice, Mike. Did you get a summer reading list as an incoming student? If so, did you read the books they suggested? Were they helpful?

I don't remember if there was a reading list. The one recommendation that I can make is that you read as much of anything that you enjoy as you can. I read a wide range of materials, none of them legal, last summer. you will be reading opinions from a lot of different judges and they will all have a different way of approaching the law. Also, it never hurts to process as many written words as you can.

dbmuell

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2007, 09:19:11 AM »
Anyone interested in having some sort of "Unofficial LSD Class of 2010" Happy Hour once everyone gets to town?  It might be fun to match some faces with screen names over a drink before we all get to orientation.  I'm thinking sometime in August.  Post here if you're interested!

aslaw505

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2007, 09:33:37 AM »
I'm in!

Gwiz

• Sr. Citizen
  • Can't Touch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2007, 09:40:37 AM »
How are you guy working your food budget?  What's your monthly expenditure? I thought about the Dickinson College Meal plan but that seems a little expensive.

I got Fin Aid detrmination yesturday with a new tuition figure.

No happy hour for me thanks.  My work schedule is unpredictable.  I'm sure there will be plenty of social events during orientation. 

Gwiz

• Sr. Citizen
  • Can't Touch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2007, 09:47:42 AM »
No happy hour for me thanks.  My work schedule is unpredictable.  I'm sure there will be plenty of social events during orientation. 
If you give a date time and place I'll pencil it in but no guarrantees. ;D