Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Class of 2010  (Read 33089 times)

Gwiz

• Sr. Citizen
  • Can't Touch!
    • View Profile
Re: Class of 2010
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2007, 11:34:39 AM »
I won't reveal my strategy...  I have some specific needs.  I have a dog.  So I plan to use what ever resource I can find.  I'll start seriously looking after June 15th.  But I've heard some of the best apartments come up late.  I'm a Realto and I can tell you we only show apartments under our umbrella, and the ones that pay the best commission.  If you want more choices I wuld check the paper, Craigslist, and the school listing.

So much for keeping my strategy secret.
I wanna be a gunner when I grow up.

dbmuell

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2007, 08:52:49 AM »
A thought to consider:

Given the location of the temporary campus, you will likely have to get in your car and drive to school regardless of where you find an apartment.  If you want to save a little money, broaden your search a few minutes outside of Carlisle where there isn't as much pressure on the market from students looking for housing.  It might mean 10 minutes more commuting but you might save some $$$.

kilroy55

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Mad Rambling by Travis
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2007, 02:13:11 PM »
A thought to consider:

Given the location of the temporary campus, you will likely have to get in your car and drive to school regardless of where you find an apartment.  If you want to save a little money, broaden your search a few minutes outside of Carlisle where there isn't as much pressure on the market from students looking for housing.  It might mean 10 minutes more commuting but you might save some $$$.

I doubt it.  Most of the communities around here are experiencing growth since people have been fleeing harrisburg for the past 20 years.  Carlisle actually has pretty cheap housing compared to many communites with colleges.  And, you will most definately be driving to school, unless you take the van that picks people up.

jman333

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2007, 10:08:31 AM »
has anybody gotten anything from them lately, esp stuff concerning seconds deposits and whatnot?

Gwiz

• Sr. Citizen
  • Can't Touch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2007, 10:16:21 AM »
Not yet.  I'm expecting something this week though.  You would think they would give at least a 2 weeks out notice.

I want to know when class assignments, and schedules come out.

kilroy55

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Mad Rambling by Travis
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2007, 11:28:54 AM »
Not yet.  I'm expecting something this week though.  You would think they would give at least a 2 weeks out notice.

I want to know when class assignments, and schedules come out.

You will get assignments and class schedule during orientation, if they keep the same pattern as previous years.

kilroy55

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Mad Rambling by Travis
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2007, 10:00:34 AM »

jman333

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2007, 06:04:02 PM »
what are the cable tv and internet companies out there?

Gwiz

• Sr. Citizen
  • Can't Touch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2007, 01:04:03 PM »
Check online for what utility, TV, and internet companies are out there.  or you can ask the landlord which one he thinks is better.

I just got more stuff in the mail for orientation, 2nd seat deposit, and summer reading suggestions.  So you all should get your stuff soon.  I'll send my check and intent form after the 1st.

aslaw505

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2007, 03:46:06 PM »
I have Comcast for cable tv and internet. I think they're pretty much the dominant company around here. Of course, there are lots of options with internet, not so many with tv.