Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Class of 2010  (Read 32535 times)

dbmuell

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Class of 2010
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2007, 08:37:20 AM »
Has anybody else not had their deposit check cashed yet?  I'm starting to think I should call and make sure it got there...

sblount

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2007, 04:16:56 PM »
Hey,
You might want to call, just because it will make you feel better/not have to worry about it, but they probably did receive your check.  I sent mine on the 4/11, and they just cashed it today. 

kilroy55

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Mad Rambling by Travis
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2007, 11:34:09 PM »
Yes, your orientation is where you get your log in stuff.  I also heard that your orientation is 3 days, and that you will be shuttled between Carlisle and UP.  This is to ensure that the idea of one law school, two locations is upheld.  So everyone will see how the other campus lives.

dbmuell

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2007, 11:45:36 PM »
Kilroy- thanks for the advice on "Law School Without Fear."  I've just started reading it and it really seems like some useful information.  Hope finals are going well...thanks for the input!

jsb221

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2007, 02:59:41 PM »
I'm starting at UP in August. I too thought July was a little late for admissions info so I emailed one of the IT guys and he told me to let him know what I'm leaning towards and he'll let me know if it will work. He said they're still updating the specs for the fall.

sblount

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2007, 08:52:30 PM »
Hey, thanks for the info jsb221.  I was thinking about doing that as well.  But I also am interested to know how the laptop loans work.  We haven't received any info on that, and I am definitely gong to take out a loan for my laptop (if the school allows that).  My parents are willing to spring for it in advance of my loan check, but they want to know when they'll get reimbursed.  The financial aid website says that loans are disbursed at the beginning of fall semester and the beginning of spring semester.  I would assume that a loan for a laptop would be different, since they can't expect everyone to wait until they're already in school to buy one.  At least...that's what I'm hoping.  Who knows.

on a side note, Dean Austin emailed me yesterday and said they're giving me a dean's scholarship...yay!  Now I'm even more excited to go!

kilroy55

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Mad Rambling by Travis
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2007, 10:27:05 PM »
Hey, thanks for the info jsb221.  I was thinking about doing that as well.  But I also am interested to know how the laptop loans work.  We haven't received any info on that, and I am definitely gong to take out a loan for my laptop (if the school allows that).  My parents are willing to spring for it in advance of my loan check, but they want to know when they'll get reimbursed.  The financial aid website says that loans are disbursed at the beginning of fall semester and the beginning of spring semester.  I would assume that a loan for a laptop would be different, since they can't expect everyone to wait until they're already in school to buy one.  At least...that's what I'm hoping.  Who knows.

on a side note, Dean Austin emailed me yesterday and said they're giving me a dean's scholarship...yay!  Now I'm even more excited to go!

Your loans will not be disbursed in time to buy textbooks, most likely.  I recommend getting a credit card, and then paying it off.  Also, make sure when you get your loans you have a checking account and ask for the refund to be direct deposited.  It works a lot faster.  Financial aid, while through the law school, refunds are done from UP.  You will be able to track it on ELion once you have all your log ins.  You can ask for an increase in your loan limit total for a one-time computer purchase, at least that is what I was told my first year, you can only ask for it once.  I am sure things have changed, but this is what I know.

Kilroy- thanks for the advice on "Law School Without Fear."  I've just started reading it and it really seems like some useful information.  Hope finals are going well...thanks for the input!

Thanks!  I found it pretty useful.  Exams are going well.  BTW, if you are ever told that Trust and Estates is an easy class, don't listen to that person.  That exam was rough as hell.  All of us agreed on it.  I only have one more to go, evidence on tuesday.  Then off to work for the summer.  Have a good one.

Gwiz

• Sr. Citizen
  • Can't Touch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2007, 12:23:19 PM »
Hey all, I may have met some of you at the open house.  I made my deposit at the bigining of April.  Just found this site.  I'll be in Carlisle this fall as a 1L. I'm just trying to relax this month, and next.  I know things will proably get hectic after 8/22. I'm from Philadelphia PA, Temple U. BBA '98.  See you there!
I wanna be a gunner when I grow up.

CCH

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2007, 10:26:54 AM »
Hey everyone - I'm starting this fall in Carlisle. Just wanted to say hello. Can't wait to meet you all.

Gwiz

• Sr. Citizen
  • Can't Touch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2007, 03:03:50 PM »
Anyone know how the grade curve works here?
I wanna be a gunner when I grow up.