Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BarBri or Pass your bar?  (Read 10641 times)

Not Given

• View Profile
BarBri or Pass your bar?
« on: March 28, 2007, 11:51:38 PM »
I am desperately trying to find out which is a better bar prep program between BarBri and Passyourbar.com.  Passyourbar gives a guarantee bar passage and if for some reason you do not pass (after you have met their minimum requirements) they will work with you for no fee until you do pass your bar. 

Has anyone taken Passyourbar? Do you know of anyone that did take this bar review course? I would like feedback and information regarding both Barbri and Passyourbar. 

slacker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: BarBri or Pass your bar?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 12:55:15 AM »
I'm not familiar w/passyourbar. I'm signed up for BarBri, and will probably do PMBR, also.

Jumboshrimps

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 11:25:54 AM »
I hear that BarBri gives you ton of information and expect you to cram
it in your brain within two months--not realistic.

Not realistic? How about necessary? Most of us can't drop more than that amount of time from our lives to study for the bar. Besides, BarBri works for most people. I'll go with proven results every time.

slacker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 02:36:23 AM »
Necessary but non-effective for quite a few.  Review the passyourbar.com student testimonials (yes I know for a fact that at least three of those attorney's are real people).  I would like more feedback for those who have actually taken Barbri and PASSED the bar on the first try as well as those who have taken passyourbar.com.
Then perhaps a board of people who've not yet taken the bar is the wrong group to request information from.

And, although you state otherwise, you do sound like a 'passyourbar.com' commercial.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 08:33:14 AM »
The vast majority of us here are LAW STUDENTS, and therefore have NOT taken the bar.

If you're looking for people who have, I'm sure there are a few people that drop by now and then, but you're probably going to have to be patient. 

It also might help if you change the name of your post, directing it toward people who have taken BarBri only to get feedback.  People who have no idea what this "pass your bar" crap is might not bother looking in this thread.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 09:58:45 PM »
You miss my point.  Most of us here are currently in law school.  As such, we have not yet obtained our J.D. and are ineligible to take the bar exam in most states.

People who have taken the bar exam are lawyers, and they're out working I hope.  They don't have as much use or time for a message board primarily directed at law students.  Yes, I do realize the board is called "Students and Graduates."  From my time here, however, there are more current students than graduates.  You may get a couple now and then, but you probably won't get a ton of feedback.

And yes, I know your original post was asking for info on Pass Your Bar.  In subsequent posts, however, you seemed to be looking for feedback on BarBri as well (see your post, above, where you say you want to hear from people who took BarBri and passed the first time out).

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 03:14:59 AM »
I got your point and that is why I said that there are SOME people that frequent this board who have taken and DID NOT PASS the bar exam and are retaking the bar in July so you seemed to have missed my point.

People who have taken the bar exam are NOT lawyers if they did not pass the bar exam and those are some of the people who will have insight on Barbri and other bar review courses.

And my original post is asking for feedback on Barbri AND Pass your Bar as indicated in the first line of that post.  ::)

are you even a person?  i feel like some poorly computer program from pass your bar set us up
When a candidate faces the voters he does not face men of sense [but] a mob of men whose chief distinguishing mark is the fact that they are quite incapable of weighing ideas men whose whole thinking is done in terms of emotion. As democracy is perfected the White House will be adorned with a moron.

jeffislouie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 03:29:28 AM »
More proof that this board is sadly in decline.
Lay off.  There was nothing inherently wrong with the OP's question.  What is wrong is that members feel it necessary to try and take a shot at anyone who posts anything they might find even remotely objectionable.
Be patient.  You might just get a reasonable response that doesn't include any advice on proper posting etiquette and has something to do with the question you asked (quite reasonably, I might add).
I've heard good things about the BarBri program, but nothing about the passyourbar program.  Most of the students and lawyers I know took BarBri, so I'm inclined to believe there is a good reason for the programs popularity.  Of course, it may just be one of those things that people just 'do' as a way to focus and structure their bar review.  Good luck.
The best advice I can give you is to ignore the dillweeds who post in your thread to criticize you or make you feel unintelligent.  By interacting with them, you only give them new targets.  They don't and wont listen because they don't and wont care.  People with an inflated sense of self tend to seek out confrontation because it makes them feel connected to something or someone.  Don't feed them - it drives them crazy.
Justice is tangy....

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2008, 05:01:41 AM »
More proof that this board is sadly in decline.
Lay off.  There was nothing inherently wrong with the OP's question.  What is wrong is that members feel it necessary to try and take a shot at anyone who posts anything they might find even remotely objectionable.
Be patient.  You might just get a reasonable response that doesn't include any advice on proper posting etiquette and has something to do with the question you asked (quite reasonably, I might add).
I've heard good things about the BarBri program, but nothing about the passyourbar program.  Most of the students and lawyers I know took BarBri, so I'm inclined to believe there is a good reason for the programs popularity.  Of course, it may just be one of those things that people just 'do' as a way to focus and structure their bar review.  Good luck.
The best advice I can give you is to ignore the dillweeds who post in your thread to criticize you or make you feel unintelligent.  By interacting with them, you only give them new targets.  They don't and wont listen because they don't and wont care.  People with an inflated sense of self tend to seek out confrontation because it makes them feel connected to something or someone.  Don't feed them - it drives them crazy.
My problem is with people spamming LSD, mostly.
When a candidate faces the voters he does not face men of sense [but] a mob of men whose chief distinguishing mark is the fact that they are quite incapable of weighing ideas men whose whole thinking is done in terms of emotion. As democracy is perfected the White House will be adorned with a moron.

non parata est

• Sr. Citizen
  • buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2008, 03:02:09 PM »
Do you guys realize that this thread is over a year old?
Quote from: Lionel Hutz, Esq.
Well he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog... Well, replace the word "kinda" with "repeatedly" and the word "dog" with "son."