Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Temple Class of 2010 (entering in Fall 2007)  (Read 34250 times)

cmickey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Temple Class of 2010 (entering in Fall 2007)
« Reply #120 on: May 31, 2007, 11:40:03 AM »
It's not bad.  I'd live further off of Broad toward the river, though, if given the choice.

I won't have an automated transport machine so I'm trying to live fairly close to the Broad Street SEPTA. Why would you want to live further towards the river as opposed to the Broad/Snyder area? How would you classify the immediate area surrounding Broad/Snyder & Passyunk on a scale of 1-10 (1=decrepit festering cespool of vice & murder; 5=some prostitution, petty crime, moderate level of filth; 10=shimmering icon of urban development and Morman ideals)? 

id give it a 4. the further from broad street the more decent neighborhoods/families you get.

likewise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 04, 2007, 09:36:19 PM »
It's not bad.  I'd live further off of Broad toward the river, though, if given the choice.

I won't have an automated transport machine so I'm trying to live fairly close to the Broad Street SEPTA. Why would you want to live further towards the river as opposed to the Broad/Snyder area? How would you classify the immediate area surrounding Broad/Snyder & Passyunk on a scale of 1-10 (1=decrepit festering cespool of vice & murder; 5=some prostitution, petty crime, moderate level of filth; 10=shimmering icon of urban development and Morman ideals)? 

It's a 6 on that scale...further away from Broad, less noise, cozier, more neighborhoodly, parks...and buses that run east/west all the time that'll take you to the sub.

jarhead

• Sr. Citizen
  • "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
Re: Temple vs. Villanova
« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2007, 07:50:02 PM »
Hey guys,

I am between Temple and Villanova at this point. I am having a really difficult time deciding between the two. I am from Philly and want to stay here so I know I really can't go wrong either way, but I would appreciate any thoughts people have on the matter.

Temple! if your a PA native it's cheaper and Temple is a better school and the Philly school....plus it's more convenient. 'Nova's all the way out in Media/Villanova.
...man, you was who you was before you got here

shenanigans55

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: June 27, 2007, 10:39:02 PM »
Hey Everyone,
  I wanted to introduce myself.  My name is Shannon and I too will be at Temple Law this fall.  I also live in Center City/South Philly (depending on who you call to deliver hah) so if you have any questions, let me know.

I have to agree with the post about being open to South Philly.  I'm west of Broad St, and they are building gorgeous homes about two blocks away on Catherine and Christian St.as we speak.  By moving a few blocks south of Rittenhouse, my rent dropped 400 bucks. Just watch out for Porter and Shunk St.  The houses are beautiful but the parking down there is really funky.  People essentially double park in front of one another and manage not to get tickets. 

And while I haven't read all of the posts, I have to sing the praises of Craigslist.  It is totally possible to find places in great parts of town for really reasonable prices. My friends are at 22nd and Spruce in a 1bd with roof access and a deck for $720.  I've also had friends living in the same area for about the same about (complete with 12ft ceilings) - all found on craigslist.

Phillyman14

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 16, 2007, 04:28:22 PM »
Tag.... I'm hoping to get into Temple law as a transfer.. I thought I would tag this just b/c the info on it is really good and b/c I really want to attent Temple. I'm from philly but went away for law school. Wish me luck!! Hopefully i'll be hearing soon!!

PS: i'll give my stats after I hear...until then i'm trying to not say too much... Congrats to everyone who got accepted. Temple is a great school!! I hope to see you all there!!

cmickey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 09, 2007, 04:54:47 PM »
for those out of towners moving to philly.. keep in mind if you are far enough away from temple that you need to take regional rail to get there, then expect to pay for a cab ($20-30+) after midnight if you want to get home

USC313

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 05, 2010, 09:26:50 PM »
Uhhh in case you didn't notice Authorlaw all those previous comments are about 3 years old.