Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Temple Class of 2010 (entering in Fall 2007)  (Read 32561 times)

ututsumuju

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Temple Class of 2010 (entering in Fall 2007)
« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2007, 03:05:44 PM »
I usually act like i'm 12.

Barbie22

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2007, 10:30:20 PM »
Wow...im looking at some apartments in center city and it seems that any decent place south of Girard is at least $850...for a studio!!!  How the heck are students suppose to live there?   Do Temple Law students just live in the more ghetto areas?

cmickey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2007, 10:11:30 AM »
I'll be 25 when school starts. Temple definitely has an older vibe... but not old! Which is good!

Center City is expensive (its no NYC or DC though, thank god).. 1br and studios are expensive, however if you can get a roommate you can something alot nicer. Fortunately its me and my fiancee in our 1br so we don't mind center city prices.

In reality a place in old city or northern liberties isn't all that more inconvenient than center city. When you think about it, most likely you aren't going to walk to school, so whats an extra 3-5 minutes on the subway or the el.

Barbie22

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2007, 10:57:37 AM »
i wouldnt be adverse to finding a roommate...but then theres the challange of finding a roommate id get along with.

dger24

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2007, 09:24:15 PM »
Hey guys, I'm going to try and condense this into 1 post...I'm currently on the waitlist at Temple for the full time program, however; just received an offer into the evening program.  I've been admitted to Seton Hall and Rutgers Camden but am currently leaning towards Temple.  Any advice would be appreciated.  About me: 24, from the area (west chester), graduated from Pitt in 01 and have been working at SEI the past year and a half.  If anyone is in a similar situation it would be good to hear what you're thinking.     

GraphiteDirigible

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hey there fancypants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2007, 10:09:50 PM »
Hey guys, I'm going to try and condense this into 1 post...I'm currently on the waitlist at Temple for the full time program, however; just received an offer into the evening program.  I've been admitted to Seton Hall and Rutgers Camden but am currently leaning towards Temple.  Any advice would be appreciated.  About me: 24, from the area (west chester), graduated from Pitt in 01 and have been working at SEI the past year and a half.  If anyone is in a similar situation it would be good to hear what you're thinking.     

When are your second seat deposits due at SHU and Rutgers vs. when did Temple estimate that they'd let you know about the waitlist? Also, when is the final seat deposit for the night program due. I suppose the best thing to do is keep those dates in mind while you wait Temple out.

Also, have you sent Temple a letter of continued interest in the day program? I hear it helps.
Happy colored marbles that are rolling in my head
I put 'em back in the jacket of the one I love
Carry that velvet sack full of pretty colored marbles
And I'll ask you for 'em back, when I'm ready and done

MReilly

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2007, 11:09:24 PM »
I am also a recepient of that email. Accepted to the local Philly schools...Drexel with a nice scholarship, but still too anxious about it being a new school and thir constant answer of "don't worry about it" when it comes to any detailed questions. I was going to hold out for Temple Day Division, but decided to accept for the evening division for the simple fact that I need to earn some money while going to school (recently married and now moving out of NYC after living here for 3 years). I know you can switch into the day division after your first year and still finish in 3 yrs...so if it's the finishing in 3yrs your worried about you can still do it.

Also consider the in-state vs. out of state rates...Camden will cost you twice as much and Seton Hall is quite a distance away if your looking to gain experience in Philly.

In short I wouldn't be too stressed about the evening division your first year...I look at it as a nice way to ease into law school.

MReilly

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2007, 11:15:21 PM »
Just a small bit about myself...25 (going to be 26 when school starts), married (but still mentally young enough to go out 3 nights a week  8)), and seeking an early career change (been working as a mental health counselor the last 4 years and have had my fill with being way underpaid for all the stress it puts me through. From Texas, lived in Philly in the past, and currently living it up in Brooklyn for the last 3 years.

danielle83

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2007, 09:13:40 AM »
MReilly... I just wanted to say hi because we have a lot in common!  I am 24 and will be getting married this summer.  I am originally from  New York.  I have spent the last two years working as a case manager/therapist for a community mental health center.  I totally agree, the work can be really rewarding but it's hard not to get burned out with the pay.  My fiance and I love to go out too!  I'll be in the day division, but hopefully we will meet!  :)

dger24

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2007, 12:40:55 PM »
MReily...seeing as how you received the same email as I did, did you take that email to mean they were offering a seat in the evening program or merely asking if we would be willing to be considered for a seat in the evening program?  Now that I am re-reading the email I am a little unsure.