Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Temple Class of 2010 (entering in Fall 2007)  (Read 34592 times)

imusselm

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Temple Class of 2010 (entering in Fall 2007)
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2007, 04:41:53 PM »
Im 26... thats not too old... there are a ton of local bars that are quite fun. Though Philly's specialty is really its BYO restaurants... tiny houses converted into restaurants without liquor licenses. My fiance knows them better than I. Regardless, Philly is a great town.

imusselm

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2007, 04:47:50 PM »
Danielle-
Be aware that some areas "just outside" of University city are quite sketchy... though you can get big houses... I got a place for less than 100k that was 1500 sq ft... I would highly recommend you see it before you buy it though...
If anyone has specific questions about locations I might be able to answer them.

savage_fred

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Temple Law aesthetics or lack thereof
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2007, 04:59:06 PM »
Has anyone noticed that the Temple law school website and viewbooks are not nearly as impressive as some from much less respected schools (i.e. "third tier")? And, it's not just the appearance -- it's also relatively hard to find information on the Temple website; and the viewbooks are pretty thin and lacking in detail.

It can be hard to overlook these weaknesses and seek out the hard facts that really matter. Do you think these "marketing" issues help explain why Temple's "conversion" rate is relatively low? (The percentage of admitted students who actually enroll is lower than most schools I've considered.)

As far as the aesthetics of the website and viewbooks... Do you think there's any relationship to the very, very plain appearance of the facilities? Is this a Philadelphia thing? Is style just less important in Philly?

Of course, since I like Temple and plan to attend, I like to think these factors are weeding out people who are too easily influenced by those things, thereby resulting in a better, smarter student body.

You should see Seton Hall's correspondence. They don't even have brochures (I haven't received any yet anyway) and the only thing they've sent me other than a letter or payment form has been an extremely basic Excel printout of the 1l calendar.

Here, look at their website. (http://law.shu.edu/).

Anyway, I'll most likely be attending TU as well. I'm WL at American and, since my interest is int'l, I'll go there if I finally get accepted. However, if I don't I'm still fired up about TU.

Anybody, in here from CO or KS or GA? I'm from GA went to college in CO and currently reside in KS.

Born and raised in the KC area (Lenexa) and went to undergraduate at KU. Lived in Oregon for a few years after that and now I'm in New Mexico. What are you doing in KS? 

GraphiteDirigible

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hey there fancypants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2007, 05:39:30 PM »

Born and raised in the KC area (Lenexa) and went to undergraduate at KU. Lived in Oregon for a few years after that and now I'm in New Mexico. What are you doing in KS? 

Right now... slacking at work ;)  No, I'm working as a web developer at a small telecom firm in OP. The company actually just moved to their current location from Lenexa.

Are you as die hard about the Chiefs as everyone else here? I mean holy cow! I came here from Denver and wore a Broncos shirt to a Chiefs game. It was a bad mistake.

I've been here for about 3 years now and met some people. Did you know anybody from Blue Valley Northwest HS?
Happy colored marbles that are rolling in my head
I put 'em back in the jacket of the one I love
Carry that velvet sack full of pretty colored marbles
And I'll ask you for 'em back, when I'm ready and done

savage_fred

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2007, 06:37:04 PM »

Right now... slacking at work ;)  No, I'm working as a web developer at a small telecom firm in OP. The company actually just moved to their current location from Lenexa.

Are you as die hard about the Chiefs as everyone else here? I mean holy cow! I came here from Denver and wore a Broncos shirt to a Chiefs game. It was a bad mistake.

I've been here for about 3 years now and met some people. Did you know anybody from Blue Valley Northwest HS?

I like the Chiefs, but i'm certainly no die-hard fan. My dad used to have season tickets so I went to every game in the 90's. They've let me down so many times it's hard to take them serious anymore. I'm a bigger Royals fan because I know they are going to suck every year so they never let me down.

I know quite a few people from BVNW, but most of the folks I know graduated between 1998-2000 and only a couple of them still live in the area. Some things you need to do before you move from the KC area (assuming you haven't already done them):

1. Oklahoma Joes BBQ (the original location on Mission)
2. Arthur Bryants BBQ (the original location on Brooklyn Ave.)
3. Gates BBQ (preferably the Main location)
4. Great Lenexa BBQ Battle (June 22-24 & be sure to go on Friday when they give out samples)

That's about it. If you're going to Temple we can hang out in Philly and I'll smoke up a few slabs of ribs. Man...I miss barbecue.

GraphiteDirigible

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hey there fancypants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2007, 07:06:40 PM »
I like the Chiefs, but i'm certainly no die-hard fan. My dad used to have season tickets so I went to every game in the 90's. They've let me down so many times it's hard to take them serious anymore. I'm a bigger Royals fan because I know they are going to suck every year so they never let me down.

I know quite a few people from BVNW, but most of the folks I know graduated between 1998-2000 and only a couple of them still live in the area. Some things you need to do before you move from the KC area (assuming you haven't already done them):

1. Oklahoma Joes BBQ (the original location on Mission)
2. Arthur Bryants BBQ (the original location on Brooklyn Ave.)
3. Gates BBQ (preferably the Main location)
4. Great Lenexa BBQ Battle (June 22-24 & be sure to go on Friday when they give out samples)

That's about it. If you're going to Temple we can hang out in Philly and I'll smoke up a few slabs of ribs. Man...I miss barbecue.

Yeah, the Royals are like clockwork.

I go to all the places you listed (Arthur Bryants is money and my company gets OK Joes once or twice a month) but haven't been to the BBQ battle.

Most of the people I know here graduated 98. Do you know Mike Glaser or Joel Grecian?

Hells yeah, we'll have to have a cookout and show these Northeasterners how to cook a hunk o' pork.

Happy colored marbles that are rolling in my head
I put 'em back in the jacket of the one I love
Carry that velvet sack full of pretty colored marbles
And I'll ask you for 'em back, when I'm ready and done

kelley123

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2007, 10:27:59 AM »
Any younger people going to Temple??

Hey, from what I gather I'm going to be one of the younger ones this fall since I'm only 22. Is anyone else coming straight from undergrad?
<3 Temple, USD, Loyola Chicago$, Pace$$, St. Louis$$
<?3 (WL)  AU, UMD, Brooklyn
</3 Fordham, BC

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=kelley123

Barbie22

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2007, 11:43:40 AM »
Any younger people going to Temple??

Hey, from what I gather I'm going to be one of the younger ones this fall since I'm only 22. Is anyone else coming straight from undergrad?

Im 22, but im a yr out of UG.  Started early...

Cant wait to go back to school....work sucks.

ututsumuju

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2007, 03:28:25 PM »
i'm 23.  I was just wondering cause I've heard that Temple has an older crowd before.  Although it seemed like a pretty young group when I visited.  I'm not sure where I'm going yet, but Temple is one of my last two finalists.  Nice to know there's some other youngins comin in.

PhilaGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2007, 03:47:17 PM »
I just turned 25, I graduated from college in '04.  I think that 25 is usually the median age of entering Temple Law students, a little older for the PT program.  When I first started working, though, I had no idea how old most of my co-workers were, whether they were 23 or 33, until I got to know them better.  As long as everyone acts like normal adults, I don't anticipate being able to tell straight off with my classmates either, so I'm really not too worried about it.