Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Temple Class of 2010 (entering in Fall 2007)  (Read 34580 times)

Templedude7

• View Profile
Temple Class of 2010 (entering in Fall 2007)
« on: March 28, 2007, 10:23:35 PM »
Hi guys,

This is Penndude7 from the prelaw board. I have submitted my deposit to Temple and will be attending in the Fall. I wanted to jumpstart discussions and acquaintences among other admitted and attending (as well as undecided) applicants. We can discuss what we like and look forward to at Temple. We can also discuss our backgrounds.

I'm a 2005 UPENN graduate with dual degrees in Biology and Political Science. I have worked in neuroscience research for almost 2 years and am interested in potentially doing IP. I'm a first generation American with parents of Russian-Jewish descent. I'm excited about the trial advocacy program and the general reputation of Temple in the Philly region. Looking forward to meeting my future clasmates ;D

sunray536

• View Profile
Re: Temple Class of 2010 (entering in Fall 2007)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 03:14:17 PM »
I'll be there in the fall.  Temple was pretty much my first choice, so I knew where I'd be attending the day I found out I was accepted.  The ASW just helped make me feel better inside about the whole thing. 

Barbie22

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 03:44:57 PM »
how do you guys feel about the curve there (2.85)?  I feel like its bad for grads, moreso for those looking to go out of philly after grad.

kelley123

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 10:42:45 AM »
I'll be there this fall (assuming I don't get off the waitlist at UMD...who can turn down in-state tuition?). Either way I'm excited about actually having made a decision  :) ASW was pretty nice and I can definitely see myself there.
<3 Temple, USD, Loyola Chicago$, Pace$$, St. Louis$$
<?3 (WL)  AU, UMD, Brooklyn
</3 Fordham, BC

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=kelley123

PhilaGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 11:27:05 AM »
I'm also going to be there in the fall, I sent in my seat deposit last week.  I'm very excited, I got a good feel from the Open House.  I was already pretty sure I'd be going there, but I was glad it didn't feel wrong.  The only thing I didn't like was the windowless classrooms...not that we should be looking out the window during class, but I like natural light.  However, I think I can deal with it  :)

how do you guys feel about the curve there (2.85)?  I feel like its bad for grads, moreso for those looking to go out of philly after grad.

Honestly, I'm not overly concerned about the curve.  Maybe I should be, but I wasn't deciding between a lot of different schools, anyway, so it wasn't a big factor in my decision.  It is what it is.  And why would you choose Temple if you're not willing to work in the Greater Phila area (or a town/small city in the mid-Atlantic/Northeast) for at least a couple years after law school?  If the region doesn't appeal to you, it's just not a good choice.

Barbie22

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 02:27:11 PM »
I'll be there this fall (assuming I don't get off the waitlist at UMD...who can turn down in-state tuition?). Either way I'm excited about actually having made a decision  :) ASW was pretty nice and I can definitely see myself there.

The scholarship offer at Temple actually made it cheaper for me to go to Temple than to MD as an in stater.

shoteraser

• View Profile
    • Email
Temple vs. Villanova
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 04:03:51 PM »
Hey guys,

I am between Temple and Villanova at this point. I am having a really difficult time deciding between the two. I am from Philly and want to stay here so I know I really can't go wrong either way, but I would appreciate any thoughts people have on the matter.

PhilaGirl

• View Profile
Re: Temple vs. Villanova
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 09:57:37 AM »
Hey guys,

I am between Temple and Villanova at this point. I am having a really difficult time deciding between the two. I am from Philly and want to stay here so I know I really can't go wrong either way, but I would appreciate any thoughts people have on the matter.       

My recommendation - whichever is cheaper for you, perhaps aided by your feelings about the atmosphere at each school.  The quality of education and professional opportunities are very similar, and I don't think it's wise to pay significantly more to attend one over the other unless you have a specific reason for REALLY wanting to be at that school.

Templedude7

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 11:57:03 PM »
SO I see 7 so far on LSN...cmon guys anymore?

By the way, my real name is Felix.

Temple Gator

• Temple Law in 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2007, 07:54:37 AM »
Does anyone know exactly how hard it is to qualify for in-state tuition at Temple Law? I'll be moving from Florida, living off-campus in Pennsylvania (probably Phildelphia County).

I read some info about this that says it's subjective. You put together a list of evidence that shows you really intend to stay in Pennsylvania after graduation (register car in PA, register to vote in PA, etc.) and submit your request for in-state status.

If the prospects look bleak, I might be able to rely on this fact... My father is planning to give me some PA farmland that's been in the family for generations. He's been talking about doing this in the next year or so -- for reasons completely unrelated to me attending Temple. But, the tax implications of this make me wary.

Any insights?