Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cleveland State University  (Read 584 times)

Yes! We Can!!

• View Profile
Cleveland State University
« on: March 28, 2007, 01:39:20 PM »
I have been accepted to CSU and would like to hear insight from some of the students at this school.  This is the highest ranked school I have gotten into so far.  With my low numbers,  I was wondering how is this school compared to Barry and University of Detroit Mercy (two other schools where I have been accepted).  I am from New York and would like to stay as close to NYC as possible and CSU is the closest school in my options. 
Your response would be appreciated.

divotjr

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shamrock and Roll!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sundvl2
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Cleveland State University
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 08:14:04 PM »
Students at CSU (with good grades) can work anywhere they want in the Cleveland area. The alumni base is large and they take care of their own. Outside of Northeast Ohio, I'm not sure they place very well.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=divotjr
WIN: THE OSU($$),Akron($$$$),Case($$$)
LOSS: BC, Gtown
No Decision:
GPA:3.51
LSAT:163

Yes! We Can!!

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 11:18:55 PM »
Yes i have been hearing that CSU grads are well respected in Cleveland area. I am particularly interested in job prospects in NJ/NYC area.  Also, how is student life at CSU law school?
Also, their high attrition rate worries me, 19 %. Can anyone shed some light on the reasons for such a high attrition rate.  What is the GPA requirements for avoiding probation etc.
Anyone ????

rugercaptain

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shirley, Probie, & Sarah--gone to Rainbow Bridge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 05:55:21 AM »
What is the GPA requirements for avoiding probation etc.
Anyone ????

I believe a 2.0 is required to avoid probation.  I've heard CSU has a B- curve.  I have to keep a 3.1 to maintain my scholarship.
Cleveland-Marshall 3L.

Yes! We Can!!

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 08:14:05 AM »
What is the GPA requirements for avoiding probation etc.
Anyone ????

I believe a 2.0 is required to avoid probation.  I've heard CSU has a B- curve.  I have to keep a 3.1 to maintain my scholarship.

If the requirement is 2.0, then why does the school has such a high attrition rate. Almost half of it is due to "other" ( as noted in ABA official guide) which i suspect is students transferring out. It might sound strange to ask at this forum but im wondering What's a B- curve?
thanks