Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USNWR finally agrees ND is overrated as law school plummets in 2008  (Read 5572 times)

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: USNWR finally agrees ND is overrated as law school plummets in 2008
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 01:34:21 PM »
http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,85411.0.html

Seems like Wisconsin's standards are pretty low, eh? I got rejected from TTT with these numbers! Seems like if any school's ranking is going to drop, it's Wisconsin's.

There is likely some URM AA at play for that one.

Air Force JAG Corps

johns259

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • GW Law
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 06:41:49 PM »
The one positive of going to Wisconsin is that you don't have to take the Wisconsin bar. However, I don't believe that makes up for the weather or the fact that you have to deal with overrated Big Ten sports, though Notre Dame is equally awful in sports. I would also take the ND alumni network any day; Golden Domers tend to look out for one another.

beamcnally

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 07:26:54 PM »
The one positive of going to Wisconsin is that you don't have to take the Wisconsin bar. However, I don't believe that makes up for the weather or the fact that you have to deal with overrated Big Ten sports, though Notre Dame is equally awful in sports. I would also take the ND alumni network any day; Golden Domers tend to look out for one another.

Yeah but how many graduates stay in Wisconsin? ND has been slipping in sports, lately, but I'm optimistic for this year!

vercingetorix

• Sr. Citizen
  • Vive le quebec libre
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2007, 09:25:41 PM »
why would you go to ND (where most students pay way too much for an overrated education and end up in debt for years) if you want to live in WI (no bar), and you can get a JD from a T1 school for free?  besides Madison consistently ranks as one of the best places to live in the country...it certainly kills miserable Indiana, and the winters here are not as bad as they are in Chicago.  besides by this time next year WI will outrank ND, and not just as a university (which it already does) but as a law school. cheers.

WhiteyEMSR

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2007, 09:49:05 PM »
Riiight...because sooo many people want to live in Wisconsin... Good try. Bottom line, you can't compare ND to Wisconsin. I think that's already been established.

You are now using the weather to back what you call your "argument?" Yeah, great that you've convinced yourself that Wisconsin is a great place to live. I guess that's understandable though, as you will surely be stuck there when you graduate.

As for me and my colleagues, yes we are stuck in Indiana for the time being, which I admit sucks in the winter, but nobody stays in Indiana! So again, good try. No bar exam? Yeah, I bet the market in Wisconsin is just begging for lawyers... Also, you do realize that if you want to leave Wisconsin you will have to take the bar in another state, right? 

I think you should bow out before you start using the quality of cheeses to back your stellar "arguments."

johns259

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • GW Law
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2007, 01:23:03 AM »
Riiight...because sooo many people want to live in Wisconsin... Good try. Bottom line, you can't compare ND to Wisconsin. I think that's already been established.

You are now using the weather to back what you call your "argument?" Yeah, great that you've convinced yourself that Wisconsin is a great place to live. I guess that's understandable though, as you will surely be stuck there when you graduate.

As for me and my colleagues, yes we are stuck in Indiana for the time being, which I admit sucks in the winter, but nobody stays in Indiana! So again, good try. No bar exam? Yeah, I bet the market in Wisconsin is just begging for lawyers... Also, you do realize that if you want to leave Wisconsin you will have to take the bar in another state, right? 

I think you should bow out before you start using the quality of cheeses to back your stellar "arguments."

Yeah, I was just trying to point out the good in Wisconsin because I thought the poor kid (preL)-etorix, or whatever the name, was getting murdered in the argument. I now realize that I just feel bad when I read the thoughts of someone who won't cut it in law school, and vaginatorix sounds like that type. I need to stop letting the zealous advocate in me jump in before I fully understand how much of a feminine hygiene product bag somebody must be. Anyway, good luck to him/her at Wisconsin, but I'm guessing U of Wisconsin's admin dept. just made a big mistake.

johns259

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • GW Law
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2007, 01:34:59 AM »

Yeah but how many graduates stay in Wisconsin? ND has been slipping in sports, lately, but I'm optimistic for this year!

Again, I was just trying to help Vaginatorix out and hate Wisconsin and Indiana/ND equally; I'm happy at GW. As far as sports go, you can be as optimistic as you want, but the SEC will always be the premier college athletic conference.

vercingetorix

• Sr. Citizen
  • Vive le quebec libre
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2007, 05:45:39 AM »
actually i think by most measures UW is the better university (and here i talk across the spectrum of disciplines from law to medicine to business to applied mathematics).  when speaking of the law school specifically...what's a couple of points between friends (31 v. 28)?  besides ND is on the drops amigo, you cannot deny a 6 point fall hurts!  and yet you cannot get yourself to say "ND is not a national school" eventhough you consider every other program not in the T14 a "regional school"....oh except ND.  i hope people like you never come to Wisconsin, so if you want to stay in Chi-town and be  miserable that sounds fantastic...all the cold minus the skiing.  we'll make fun of you when you load the family up on your rusted out honda civic (loans)covered in lame ND alumni stickers (small genitals) and make the trek up north to enjoy the scenery (FIB) only to crawl back to miserable Illinois when the weekend ends (shoot yourself now).  as for passing the bar in other states, WI graduates get grandfathered into adjoining state's bars should they want to leave WI (and most do not).

vercingetorix

• Sr. Citizen
  • Vive le quebec libre
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2007, 06:01:27 AM »

Again, I was just trying to help Vaginatorix out and hate Wisconsin and Indiana/ND equally; I'm happy at GW. As far as sports go, you can be as optimistic as you want, but the SEC will always be the premier college athletic conference.

what's all this talk about college sports? do you guys get all dressed up for the big games and try reliving the ole glory days, boring the hell out of the UG population with stories about rush week?  when your "team" loses, do you get all despondent and *&^% and spend the balance of an otherwise perfectly good monday wasting everyone's time discussing how you would have run the offense?  i'll bet you have one of those flags you jam in your car window.  no wonder you can't get laid.  or maybe your jock-o facade is a thin veneer over the Oscar Wilde in you, camp as a row of pink tents.

johns259

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • GW Law
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2007, 10:26:02 AM »

what's all this talk about college sports? do you guys get all dressed up for the big games and try reliving the ole glory days, boring the hell out of the UG population with stories about rush week?  when your "team" loses, do you get all despondent and *&^% and spend the balance of an otherwise perfectly good monday wasting everyone's time discussing how you would have run the offense?  i'll bet you have one of those flags you jam in your car window.  no wonder you can't get laid.  or maybe your jock-o facade is a thin veneer over the Oscar Wilde in you, camp as a row of pink tents.

First, I'm really sorry that you never made it on any sports teams in your life and I'm sure it sucked that the online college where you got your undergrad degree didn't have any teams to watch either, aside from your online gaming league. Your skin probably can't stand the sunlight for more than 10 minutes at a time.

Second, I'm also sorry that ND rejected you. I got accepted to ND but chose GW, because I couldn't imagine myself having to live in the midwest, though I have nothing against the people, just the geography. However, it wouldn't take me 2 seconds to choose ND over Wisconsin. I don't care how high Wisconsin climbs in the rankings, because it will never be as respected nationally as ND. Anywhere in the country you can tell somebody that you graduated from ND and they know you're solid. Somebody tells me they graduated from Wisconsin, I immediately ask, "So you grew up in Wisconsin?" They typically say yes.

Finally, Wisconsin's rise in the rankings is a fluke and they will no doubt drop after this year's incoming class. Vaginatorix, I am glad that you took time out from your game of Dungeons & Dragons to let me know exactly how poor your incoming class must be, but I assume it's tough to get good students to spend 3 years in Wisconsin if they're not from there. You're going to have to learn how to respond to arguments, read closely, and write in legible sentences before you get to law school. However, it's obvious that your 3 years in law school are going to be tough for you anyway, unless you're already used to being a social outcast, which is no doubt the case. Smart students like to hang out together, and I have a feeling you'll be left out, not just on account of your reluctance to stop dressing like some goth kid high schooler.