Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USNWR finally agrees ND is overrated as law school plummets in 2008  (Read 5592 times)

vercingetorix

• Sr. Citizen
  • Vive le quebec libre
    • View Profile
i just knew it!

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: USNWR finally agrees ND is overrated as law school plummets in 2008
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 08:07:24 PM »
You have already established yourself as a raving lunatic in your previous posts but I must ask why the vitriol against ND? They are a big law rival of my law school and I am glad to see them fall, but what did the Fighting Irish do to wrong you?
Air Force JAG Corps

WhiteyEMSR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 08:31:47 PM »
Wow. I'm surprised you put so much faith in the rankings, especially considering you are at University of Wisconsin (or wait, have you even started yet?) which I believe is still ranked below ND... but hey, I guess you're catching up, right?

Anyway, ND has done fine by my classmates and me. It is a shame that it dropped in the rankings, but I'm convinced its reputation will continue to attract students and top law firms. I know I'm sitting pretty this summer regardless of what USNWR says. 

vercingetorix

• Sr. Citizen
  • Vive le quebec libre
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 09:26:11 PM »
Coxless you have no life.  i went to catholic school my whole puff and found the ND brainwashing quite unpleasant. more importantly you seem to have no eye for a flame when one is posted...as for you whiteyemsr, UW is ranked below ND true but my argument is that UW doesn't pretend to be a national law school like ND, and yes UW is catching up (ND will continue to drop, you just watch).

vercingetorix

• Sr. Citizen
  • Vive le quebec libre
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 09:51:43 PM »
oh and whiteyemsr...no i have not started law school yet, when that happens you can be certain i will not waste a moment of my time trolling for validation/a chance to doll out "my two cents" on this website.

vercingetorix

• Sr. Citizen
  • Vive le quebec libre
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 09:53:45 PM »
Coxless....good one (i'm writing in anticipation of your lame retort)...perhaps if you spent more time studying and less time on lsd you would have made law review.

tortfeasor111

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 09:58:08 PM »
Where is everyone getting these rankings?

WhiteyEMSR

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 11:00:05 PM »
oh and whiteyemsr...no i have not started law school yet, when that happens you can be certain i will not waste a moment of my time trolling for validation/a chance to doll out "my two cents" on this website.

Hmmm, judging from the fact that you just multi-posted in a matter of minutes, I would guess that you will be trolling these boards. Shouldn't you be on the pre-law board anyway? Seems like you need to relax a little bit.

In terms of the national aspect of ND, I'm not sure how it compares to other tier 1 schools, but I know people working for offices all over the states, from New York to D.C. to Texas to California. Of course, it goes without saying that ND has a great presence in the midwestern market. This, by the way, is in spite of the fact of some heavy hitters abound us like U. Chicago, Northwestern and Michigan, who of course, also send lots of grads out of state while keeping many in the Indianapolis, Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit markets.

I'm not sure why you would have access to information regarding the marketability of current ND students that I don't have. As far as I know, CSO doesn't have access to where students are summering unles students tell CSO where they are working (I know I haven't). So...

I'm not even going to comment further on your predictions of USNWR future rankings except to say that ND has been up and down since I started paying attention my freshman year of college. It sucks that it dropped this year, but the reputation is excellent, in my opinion much better than Wisconsin. I don't know much about Wisconsin...

To do a little bashing of my own, you're absolutely right that Wisconsin doesn't pretend to be a national law school, because it isn't. I did a quick seach on my summer firm's webpage, and there are over four times the amount of ND grads than Wisconsin grads, and in terms of being national, Wisonsin has lawyers in five locations (the vast majority in chicago), only in the states. ND, on the other hand, boasts a healthy fifteen locations with multiple lawyers in three countries. Seems pretty national to me. If I had more time I would do similar comparisons with other firms, but I don't think I need to. You, on the other hand, seem to have much more time on your hands, so maybe you should do a search.

Consequently, do you have many friends?

hogprint

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 08:22:48 AM »
Actually vercingetorix does, me, and I am eagerly looking forward to his response to being called a kid.  Then again he really does not care about user opinions on this board so I will probably be disappointed.

beamcnally

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 07:23:58 PM »
http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,85411.0.html

Seems like Wisconsin's standards are pretty low, eh? I got rejected from TTT with these numbers! Seems like if any school's ranking is going to drop, it's Wisconsin's.