Law School Discussion

3.4 at T4 -- Where to transfer...

3.4 at T4 -- Where to transfer...
« on: March 25, 2007, 05:00:38 PM »
I'm a 1L at Suffolk Univ. Law School with a 3.4 after first semester (top 20%). I would like to stay in Boston next year, perhaps at BU or BC. Any thoughts on my chances? Is anyone familiar with BU/BC's transfer policies (i.e. are they transfer friendly?). I also gave some thought to Fordham, Brooklyn, American and GW. Any thoughts?

Re: 3.4 at T4 -- Where to transfer...
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 05:21:41 PM »
I'm a 1L at Suffolk Univ. Law School with a 3.4 after first semester (top 20%). I would like to stay in Boston next year, perhaps at BU or BC. Any thoughts on my chances? Is anyone familiar with BU/BC's transfer policies (i.e. are they transfer friendly?). I also gave some thought to Fordham, Brooklyn, American and GW. Any thoughts?

Not sure about the transfer policies at any of these schools, but I think without improvement, that BU/BC/GW are stretches...I think you need to be in at least the top 10% to get into one of those schools. Fordham might be a stretch as well, but if you can get up to top 15% you've got a shot. I'd say you have a good shot with American, and a very good shot at getting into Brooklyn.

If NY/Boston/DC are the areas you're considering, why not look at the following as well: Northeastern (#87); St. Johns (#80); Cardozo (#57). I'd say with your grades, these schools are likely a lock for you. Are there any other areas you'd consider relocating to?

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 06:23:53 PM »

Not sure about the transfer policies at any of these schools, but I think without improvement, that BU/BC/GW are stretches...I think you need to be in at least the top 10% to get into one of those schools. Fordham might be a stretch as well, but if you can get up to top 15% you've got a shot. I'd say you have a good shot with American, and a very good shot at getting into Brooklyn.

If NY/Boston/DC are the areas you're considering, why not look at the following as well: Northeastern (#87); St. Johns (#80); Cardozo (#57). I'd say with your grades, these schools are likely a lock for you. Are there any other areas you'd consider relocating to?

NY and DC are the only other cities I'm interested in at this point. To be honest, I wasn't considering Northeastern; reliable sources have told me that NU is overrated and that, despite its lower ranking, Suffolk is a better school in the Boston market. Thanks for your advice / suggestions, however...

How well do UConn grads do in Boston? I know it's not Boston/DC/NYC, but I would imagine it would have a pretty decent rep in New England.

gratif

• 2.7/167
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 12:17:10 PM »
George Mason?

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 12:40:57 PM »
Maryland and Cardozo?

UChi2L

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 07:34:02 PM »

Congrats, you now go to a T3. 

TDJD84

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 07:38:31 PM »
is St. Johns out of the question? OP?