Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is it true .. NO FREE TIME?  (Read 2599 times)

vercingetorix

• Sr. Citizen
  • Vive le quebec libre
    • View Profile
Re: Is it true .. NO FREE TIME?
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 09:11:39 AM »
i love the way people express outrage/dismay/amusement with certain positions on this, an anonymous website, in the hopes it will positively affect their "reputation score".  you can almost hear them pressing the delete key telling themselves "no, no, no if i say it that way i may end up in the negatives".  as if a completely arbitrary ranking given by some drone who spends 18 hours a day staring at a computer screen has any meaning....  "not only did i spend 4 years working on the human genome project as a research assistant, i also recieved a ranking of +8 on lsd over the course of 500 posts".  to hear some of these future attorneys actually say things like "yeah well i wouldn't take uchi's advice because s/he has a negative ranking" while noisome popinjays who say things like "what good has ever come out of conservatism?" get high marks (gee, let's begin with a little known figure like alexander hamilton the father of american banking and author of many of the federalist papers) is a true scream and brings great credit to this chatroom.

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 10:49:00 AM »
i love the way people express outrage/dismay/amusement with certain positions on this, an anonymous website, in the hopes it will positively affect their "reputation score".  you can almost hear them pressing the delete key telling themselves "no, no, no if i say it that way i may end up in the negatives".  as if a completely arbitrary ranking given by some drone who spends 18 hours a day staring at a computer screen has any meaning....  "not only did i spend 4 years working on the human genome project as a research assistant, i also recieved a ranking of +8 on lsd over the course of 500 posts".  to hear some of these future attorneys actually say things like "yeah well i wouldn't take uchi's advice because s/he has a negative ranking" while noisome popinjays who say things like "what good has ever come out of conservatism?" get high marks (gee, let's begin with a little known figure like alexander hamilton the father of american banking and author of many of the federalist papers) is a true scream and brings great credit to this chatroom.

This has to be your little flame project. This is at least your second vitriolic about the LSD rankings. For all my time on this board, I don't think I've ever seen anyone care about them/mention them. Yet you seem utterly obsessed with them in regard to some LSD wide conspiracy theory.
I truly hope this is your elaborate way to amuse yourself. Otherwise, holy f-ing *&^%.
Air Force JAG Corps

tortfeasor111

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2007, 02:47:38 PM »

Have you noticed that basically everyone on this thread and on this board has a negative rating?  Take it easy man, you're going to give yourself an ulcer.

yupster567

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2007, 03:59:05 PM »
tag
i cite this as one of countless threads which prove my original point some weeks ago (someone will find the quote) that this is a place for sheep who need reassuring that all will be well.  weak little 22 year-olds scared of the world.  dude, law school is entirely voluntary.  i absolutely adore the way people obsess over the silliest things like "will i meet somebody?" or "how humiliating is the socratic method...really?" or "will i soil myself when i am called upon?".  i'll bet you are the variety of tit who pays for chemo for his cat while millions of people die every year from malaria...yep, you're the guy who thinks SUV emissions are a big deal when we have obscenities like the Darfur, East Timor, and female circumcision going on...what a bunch of weak ninnies...it is f&%king school guys...if you worked at a 711 the rest of your puff your standard of living would still exceed that of most of the human beings on the planet you egotistical idiiots...i cannot wait to meet all of you in the cold, cold world, i'll eat your lunches your assortment of sad, twitching nerve bundles.  what an effete group of dilletantes we sound like. jesus, i'm going to go puke.

I love how he is mocking those who look at/use this website frequently as though it is all they do with their lives.  It seems to me that Vercingetorix spends a good deal of time here and gets much too worked up over a website that most of us only consult to get advice on topics we know little or nothing about.  I am sorry that horrible things happen all over the world.  I am sorry that global-warming gets more press than the Darfur crisis.  What remedy are you seeking for these problems?  What should we do? I thought that we are in law school not only to get jobs but to promote justice as well.  I can't imagine a group of people better at promoting social change than powerful attorneys.  Vercingetorix, you can rebel all you want, but sooner or later you will surrender to Caesar, take off your shiny armor, and beg for mercy at his triumphant feet.  Your mercy will come in the form of your own execution.

Harvey Birdman - Attorney at Law

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2007, 06:17:13 PM »
tag
i cite this as one of countless threads which prove my original point some weeks ago (someone will find the quote) that this is a place for sheep who need reassuring that all will be well.  weak little 22 year-olds scared of the world.  dude, law school is entirely voluntary.  i absolutely adore the way people obsess over the silliest things like "will i meet somebody?" or "how humiliating is the socratic method...really?" or "will i soil myself when i am called upon?".  i'll bet you are the variety of tit who pays for chemo for his cat while millions of people die every year from malaria...yep, you're the guy who thinks SUV emissions are a big deal when we have obscenities like the Darfur, East Timor, and female circumcision going on...what a bunch of weak ninnies...it is f&%king school guys...if you worked at a 711 the rest of your puff your standard of living would still exceed that of most of the human beings on the planet you egotistical idiiots...i cannot wait to meet all of you in the cold, cold world, i'll eat your lunches your assortment of sad, twitching nerve bundles.  what an effete group of dilletantes we sound like. jesus, i'm going to go puke.

1:  you dont have to "tag" if you're writing a reply anyway.  that accomplishes the "tagging" on its own.

2:  yeah school is voluntary, which means you dont have to go, which means if you are thinking of going, you actually have to make a decision one way or the other, which means you might like to ask some questions to see if its right for you.

you may not realize since you are so smart and exceptional at everything you do, but asking questions like how much time you have to put in, or about the socratic method might be material to someones decision if they would like to voluntarily enroll in law school.

im glad you have it all figured out, but other people might not.

3:  also, a little bit dramatic dont you think?

brewha

• Sr. Citizen
  • I drank much of this after the Bar Exam....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2007, 08:48:32 PM »

Ok, you are obviously stupid.  As reigning champion of the negative reputation scores, I forbid you from ever making that argument again.
pudding is delightful

lipper

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2007, 01:18:45 AM »

what a feminine hygiene product.
check the footnotes ya'll

wardwilliams

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2007, 01:45:32 AM »

You also have your facts confused. It seems he is using Alexander Hamilton and the founding of the National Bank as an example of CONSERVATISM'S great ideas. This obviously makes no sense (as conlaw students know) as it is an argument for big government (liberal) ideas.

UChi2L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2007, 01:44:53 PM »

o.m.g.

Someone PLEASE +1 me!  Now nobody will take my advice!
I have to believe in a world outside my own mind. I have to believe that my actions still have meaning, even if I can't remember them. I have to believe that when my eyes are closed, the world's still there. Do I believe the world's still there? Is it still out there?... Yeah.

brewha

• Sr. Citizen
  • I drank much of this after the Bar Exam....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2007, 01:52:16 PM »

Ok, you are obviously stupid.  As reigning champion of the negative reputation scores, I forbid you from ever making that argument again.

Ok, I'm going to ferret out the conspiracy to take over my crown. 
pudding is delightful