Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 3.23UGPA + 141LSAT Please Advise  (Read 2148 times)

gotcha

• View Profile
3.23UGPA + 141LSAT Please Advise
« on: March 19, 2007, 09:45:14 PM »
Hi,

Can anybody tell me what schools would accept me?  I have been stressing out for the past two months of getting rejected.  I am currently still waiting on decisions from the listed schools below:

Southwestern Law School
Golden Gate University
St. Thomas University (Florida)
Florida Coastal
Texas Southern
University of La Verne
Indiana University - Indianapolis
University of Baltimore

Please advise.  Thank you very much.

TDJD84

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 3.23UGPA + 141LSAT Please Advise
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 10:34:12 PM »
I would strongly advise taking next year off, working and studying for the LSAT.  Take it again in the fall.  You have an O.K average.  If you study hard enough and raise that score up, you will have a better shot at getting into a decent school.  Best of Luck 8)

Strong

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 10:48:42 PM »
I would agree with TDJD.

How much did you study for the LSAT?

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 10:56:47 PM »
Hi,

Can anybody tell me what schools would accept me?  I have been stressing out for the past two months of getting rejected.  I am currently still waiting on decisions from the listed schools below:

Southwestern Law School
Golden Gate University
Florida Coastal
Texas Southern
University of La Verne
University of Baltimore

Advice: Kill self. HTH.
Air Force JAG Corps

LibertyBell

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 11:23:19 PM »
Sad to say, but your lsat is a killer...  Retake the lsat and try to bring your average up.  You could also try to make a case that you improved from a 141 to a whatever.  Good luck.

Hi,

Southwestern Law School
Golden Gate University
Florida Coastal
Texas Southern
University of La Verne
University of Baltimore

gotcha

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 02:09:47 AM »
I would strongly advise taking next year off, working and studying for the LSAT.  Take it again in the fall.  You have an O.K average.  If you study hard enough and raise that score up, you will have a better shot at getting into a decent school.  Best of Luck 8)

Thanks for the advise.  I thought of that as well, I just didn't want to take another LSAT because I heard that, once you've taken the LSAT twice, it doesn't help on your application.  But I guess my case is different since I have a low LSAT score.  Good luck  :)

gotcha

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 02:14:43 AM »
I would agree with TDJD.

How much did you study for the LSAT?

Thanks for your reply :)  I was reading practice test and books for a couple of months but was not taking any practice tests.  Then I stopped for three months and studied again the whole week before the LSAT.  So to tell you honestly, I would only consider a week total of studying. Good luck to you.

gotcha

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 02:16:48 AM »
Sad to say, but your lsat is a killer...  Retake the lsat and try to bring your average up.  You could also try to make a case that you improved from a 141 to a whatever.  Good luck.

Ok thanks Liberty Bell for your reply and your honesty.  I know it is a horrible score and trust me I agree... It is sad.  But thank you again and I will re-take the LSAT.  Good luck to you as well.

Hi,

Southwestern Law School
Golden Gate University
Florida Coastal
Texas Southern
University of La Verne
University of Baltimore

ericptk2000

• MSU' 10
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 02:27:26 AM »
I have seen that you have posted this question on a number of threads.  LSAC has changed their procedures and now they will accept your highest LSAT to determine your index.  Others can confirm this.  If this is the case and you have the ability to retake the LSAT, take some time and study like it is your job and smoke that standardized deterministic piece of arbitrary s*"t. Don't be discouraged by what you hear about your LSAT because if you really want to do well as a law student and lawyer, it means very little.  Good luck.
Bumpersticker and Laptop (Attending): MSU '10
Bumpersticker (In): Pitt, Case($), MSU($$$$), Loyola, Cincinnatti($), Toledo ($$$$)
I'm sorry can you hold (WL): American
Dropped call (OUT): OSU

RobWreck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 10:37:46 AM »
There should be no question about retaking the LSAT...isn't a 141 close to the 30th percentile? You'd probably be well served by taking a LSAT prep class (hell, even just learning to guess better and not leave any blanks). The change about LSAt reporting works strongly in your favor in regards to applying to law schools... if you're serious about going to law school, definitely retake the LSAT.
Rob
St. John's University School of Law '11
Part-time PM Division
Admitted in NY