Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rejections from Law Schools  (Read 15134 times)

chrisclaybo

• View Profile
Re: Rejections from Law Schools
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2007, 05:49:04 PM »
This has to be a flame. 

If it isn't - please reconsider going to law school. 

Why would you tell this person to reconsider?  Even though 141 is a bit low, it is fixable.  I would say retake the test, then reapply.  But I would be careful of the schools that average your scores if you retake the LSAT, unless you make a vast (165+) improvement.  Sometimes they also put a cap on how many times you can reapply.  Don't give up hope, I am still waiting on acceptance/rejection letters and I was rejected from my top two.  The first was a stretch, and the second was my undergrad alma mater. 

UWTAX

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2007, 04:01:05 PM »
Thanks for the advice.  I got accepted at Thomas Cooley and received a 25% scholarship.
Flame.  No way a 141 got a scholarship anywhere. 

gotcha

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2007, 05:17:26 PM »
Thanks for the advice.  I got accepted at Thomas Cooley and received a 25% scholarship.
Flame.  No way a 141 got a scholarship anywhere. 

Yes a 141 plus a 3.60 GPA did get a scholarship.  Go to Cooley's Website and check yourself.  ;D

Sparkz1920

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2007, 10:40:45 PM »
take LSAT again, even if you did get into one of those schools... its not worth it going to those schools without any scholarships.  I dont think that you will qualify for any with your numbers, and why rack up debt to go to a school that isn't really marketable to begin with.  You have a decent GPA, I dunno about your school, just retake LSAT and work for a year!

Exactly. I just checked out that Cooley Law School, which i could've gotten into if i applied but that cost is ridiculous and those are not even Top 100 schools

Cloggie

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2008, 11:52:44 PM »
Can somebody please explain how a school with such low standards (a 25% scholarship with those numbers is low standards) claims itself to rank just below Fordham and just above UC Berkeley? It's on their website.

Drew P. Bottom

• Sr. Citizen
  • You do not understand the power of the dark side.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2008, 12:56:16 AM »
Go take 2-3 easy classes at an undergrad and get an LSAT tutor.
"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." -- James Madison