Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Class of 2010  (Read 18665 times)

kimmie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Class of 2010
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2007, 03:56:41 PM »
mij - My lease here in Austin just expired so I moved all my stuff into storage in Lubbock this past weekend.  I am staying with a friend until the first of July and then will probably go stay with my parents until August 1st when I move to Lubbock. Oh, and I got on the waiting list for parking - no. 245!!

Allen - I think the holidays must be a Texas thing.  I don't ever remember being off during school or work for Veteran's DAy.  We used to get President's Day off, but I think most schools have taken that away in the last few years.

AllenA

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2007, 04:14:26 PM »
That's interesting...  I didn't know those holidays were optional for schools.

mij

• P.S....
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2007, 10:17:14 AM »
We haven't ever had off either of those days at the two schools I have worked for in the last four years, so I'm going to second it's a Texas (or myabe even southwest) thing. 

Kimmie, I'm about to move out of my apartment too. Since my parents only live 3 hours from Lubbock, I'm just storing my stuff in their extra house and then I'm moving in with them for June and July.  It'll be different!

Did you guys get that huge packet from Tech?  They sure want to make sure we disclose everything, don't they?! I think traffic tickets are the only thing I could disclose, and they said you don't have to disclose that stuff right??  Glad I've been pretty good over the years! 
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe." --Albert Einstein

AllenA

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2007, 01:02:16 PM »
I have gotten nothing (of substance) from Tech since back in December when I got accepted. 

Most schools as I understand it require you to tell them every minor thing you've ever done.  It is to make sure you are ethical enough.

lawxtina

• AOL Instant Messenger - sweetxtina03
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace Page
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2007, 12:30:27 AM »
my mom said i received a large envelope package from Tech today. She said it had a bunch of brochures and information in it. I live two hours away from my parents so I wont get to see the package for myself until Saturday. Ive never had a driving ticket..just a warning. I doubt I will have to disclose that.
152/3.78

Texas Tech School of Law 1L

lawxtina

• View Profile
    • My Myspace Page
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2007, 03:31:00 PM »
Hey I am looking for a female roommate who is interested in sharing the rent with me at Canyon Crossing. If you would rather live in another apartment complex, that is cool. We can swap numbers and apartment search together for a great deal. Please contact me at lawxtina@yahoo.com if you are interested!
152/3.78

AllenA

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2007, 12:15:38 AM »
While I am male, and am not looking for a roommate, I'm wondering what you think of Canyon Crossing.  I've heard that they've got some really nice units, and give good discounts to law students.

lawxtina

• View Profile
    • My Myspace Page
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2007, 12:22:12 AM »
i havent seen them personally, only pictures at lubbockapartments.com BUT I think they have really good deals, and i love the fact that they dont charge extra for having a pet. I have a small dog, and I really do not want to have to pay an extra $10-15 a month just for having him with me. If you are looking for some great deals and dont mind living near undergraduates then I recommend Savannah Oaks or University Courtyard. I know University COurtyard is fully furnished. Both places include internet, cable, water, and trash in their rent price, and Savannah Oaks will cover $30 dollars of your electric also. Savannah Oaks is 495 a month (not sure if it is furnished) and University COurtard is 450 a month (there is also a 30 inch flat panel HD TV in every apartment as well). Hope that helps you out.
152/3.78

AllenA

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2007, 02:00:51 AM »
I've actually decided to try and get away from some of the undergrads.  They make more noise than I want to deal with next year.

mij

• P.S....
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2007, 11:10:45 AM »
I can't remember if I've said this or not, but Las Colinas is awesome.  With their law school discount, a two bedroom 1000 sq ft town house style apartment was only $540.  They are very nice.  They have a lot of law and med students I think.   
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe." --Albert Einstein