Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Class of 2010  (Read 18899 times)

AllenA

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Class of 2010
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2007, 05:37:55 PM »
When are you all planning on moving out there?  I'm thinking I'm going to head out in June to find a place.

mij

• P.S....
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2007, 09:20:35 PM »
I'm going to rent a house from a family friend, but I don't think I'm going to move down until around the end of July.  I looked at a bunch of apartments before I found out about the house.  I really like Las Colinas.  It had a nice, private feel to it and is set up more like a house.   
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe." --Albert Einstein

lawxtina

• AOL Instant Messenger - sweetxtina03
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace Page
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2007, 04:14:30 AM »
I was just wondering..where is everyone from? I am interested to find out. I am from South Texas, down by Mexico :) I really love Tech's facility but being so far from home is making it tough for me to be THRILLED to go there, ya know? I am still waiting to hear from UT and UH (waitlisted @ both) but if neither one of them works out, I will be at Tech for sure. I am just worried about being so far from home. I know that the semester will be very hectic, and I will be so busy that I probably won't even have time to think about the distance issue, but it just keeps running through my mind.
Hopefully I can make some new friends over at Tech and create a second home among my peers. That would be cool. Do any of ya'll have Myspace?
152/3.78

Texas Tech School of Law 1L

AllenA

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2007, 12:07:32 PM »
I live in Los Angeles right now, so Tech is a long distance away for me. I visited Lubbock and the school ovre Spring Break though and was pretty pleased.

mij

• P.S....
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2007, 08:45:51 PM »
I live about 3 hours from LBK right now.  I grew up in NM. I'm not that far away, but I lived in Oregon for a while, so I can relate to the being far from home thing.

I have MySpace and Facebook.  So if anyone is on there, PM me and I'll give you my info to find me.  Lawxtina, I sent it to you. 

Allen, why did you decide to come to Texas?  Have you lived down here or just liked it?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe." --Albert Einstein

lawxtina

• AOL Instant Messenger - sweetxtina03
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace Page
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2007, 09:58:59 PM »
thanks MJJ! I added you on my myspace :)
152/3.78

Texas Tech School of Law 1L

AllenA

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2007, 03:36:51 AM »
I decided to come to Tech for several reasons actually.  I was born and raised out near Los Angeles, and actually had not been to Texas until a few weeks ago.  As I was looking for schools however I was really impressed with Tech.  Peoplem seemed to really love the school, which was not something I saw at a lot of the other schools I applied.  Plus the cost of living in Lubbock is low enough that I can live well next year.  Cost of living in California is way more than I really can afford.  When I found out I can get a nice apartment for $600 a month out there I was shocked, where I am a one bedroom will run $2000+.

AllenA

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2007, 07:38:43 PM »
Speaking of Facebook, I discovered that if you search for Texas Tech Law '10, there already is a group out there.  I'm currently the only Allen in the group so feel free to add me as a friend.

mij

• P.S....
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2007, 09:08:17 PM »
Just added you guys on facebook.  It'll be great to have a few familiar faces!

AllenA

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2007, 03:30:00 PM »
So I've got a question for those of you living in Texas.  I was looking at a Calander for next year, and noticed that Tech has very few federal holidays.  Is it a Texas thing that Veterens day and President's day don't warrent a day off, or is that a Texas Tech thing? 

Just something strange I noticed.