Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Class of 2010  (Read 18872 times)

AllenA

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Class of 2010
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 04:34:19 PM »
I'm wondering if any of you have your TechSIS account opened yet.  Furthermore, has anybody here gotten anything else from the University since their first acceptence letter yet?

As far as looking for a place to live, I'll be out at the end of June to find a place.  I'm going to UCLA for my undergrad, so Lubbock is a long trek for me, so I'm forced to wait.

mij

• P.S....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2007, 11:38:46 AM »
I'm wondering if any of you have your TechSIS account opened yet.  Furthermore, has anybody here gotten anything else from the University since their first acceptence letter yet?

As far as looking for a place to live, I'll be out at the end of June to find a place.  I'm going to UCLA for my undergrad, so Lubbock is a long trek for me, so I'm forced to wait.

I haven't gotten anything since the letter about the accepted students day that was in March. You just use your eraider infomation to log onto your TechSIS account, right?  I called a couple weeks ago to get mine set up.  I'm ready to get some more info though.  Did you get on the waiting list for the law school parking lot?  They said to go ahead and do that.  You just have to call parking services. 

I've looked at a few apartments and even did a prelease on one, but then a friend's dad offered to rent me a house, so I'm going to do that.  If you need any info on apts., I can tell you about the ones I went to.   
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe." --Albert Einstein

AllenA

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2007, 02:17:16 PM »
I'm wondering, did you call the law school to set it up, or was it some tech support number?

mij

• P.S....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2007, 07:55:35 PM »
Just call IT Help to st up your eraider account.  I think the number is (806) 742-HELP.   
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe." --Albert Einstein

mij

• P.S....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2007, 03:25:31 PM »
Ok this thread has been read over 1000 times and we have a grand total of 4 posters, one of which is already at Tech.  Compared to last year, we look pathetic.  Their thread was like 180 pages. 

kimmie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 03:33:00 PM »
I'll be at Tech in the Fall.  Do you know if you have to call Tech to get on the waitlist for the law school parking lot or if you can do it online? 

mij

• P.S....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2007, 03:53:01 PM »
Sweet, another Techie!  Are you still in UG or working?  You do have to call for the wait list. I can't remember the number, but when you call parking services they'll get it set up. It only took maybe 5 minutes.  I'm number 235!

kimmie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2007, 04:50:08 PM »
Holy crap!  I'm going to call right now!  I am working now - been out of undergrad for about 7 years.  What about you?

lawxtina

• AOL Instant Messenger - sweetxtina03
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace Page
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2007, 12:11:18 AM »
I think people are still waiting to hear from other law schools. I know I am stuck in a rut. I am now on both UH and UT's waitlist, both of which were my top two choices followed by Tech. So know I really dont know what to do. I did receive another letter from Tech after the orientation day. They provided me with a receipt for my deposit payment. When in June is the other deposit due?
152/3.78

Texas Tech School of Law 1L

mij

• P.S....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2007, 11:30:24 AM »
Yeah, I'm sure a lot of people are still waiting to hear from other schools.  It would have been harder for me, except I'm so anti-debt that it made my choice much easier.  UT and UH are both great schools, but we'd love to have you at Tech! I'm not sure on deposit dates, as far as that goes. 

The parking waiting list is out of control, isn't it??  The way I understand it 1Ls rarely ever get in R21, but the waitlist at least helps you get there more quickly. 

I've been working for 4 years.  I'm teaching 4th grade right now.  I'm glad I won't be the only one trying to get back into school mode. Kimmie, when are you moving?  Or are you already there?