Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Class of 2010  (Read 18641 times)

AllenA

• View Profile
    • Email
Class of 2010
« on: March 17, 2007, 03:19:56 PM »
So I figured that I would get this topic going.  Anybody else on here yet for the class of 2010?

mij

• P.S....
    • View Profile
Re: Class of 2010
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 05:52:13 PM »
I am.  Can't wait to start, but I'm nervous! 
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe." --Albert Einstein

lawxtina

• AOL Instant Messenger - sweetxtina03
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace Page
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 09:55:47 AM »
hey there! did ya'll go to the little orientation day on saturday? I was there..that chile was yummy :D anyhow..i really want to go to tech, and I have already given my deposit, but I am afraid it is too far from home. I am from the Rio Grande Valley, and I am really close to my family. I got into South Texas College of Law in Houston, which is much closer...and I am still waiting to hear from U Texas, U Houston, and Baylor...any suggestions?
152/3.78

Texas Tech School of Law 1L

mij

• P.S....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 05:52:35 PM »
I didn't do the afternoon, but I went to the morning.  I got into OU and Baylor too, but decided to go ahead and do Tech.  I'd say you'll do better wherever your happier; if that means being really close to your family, then that should weigh pretty heavily.  If you get into UT, most people would say do that.  Of course, most people would probably tell me to do OU or Baylor, too! I love the faculty at Tech.  I've had some chances to visit with some, and they are really amazing.  Plus, I got good $$ at Tech.  Good luck deciding!   
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe." --Albert Einstein

lawxtina

• View Profile
    • My Myspace Page
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 10:48:10 PM »
when did you find out about the money tech was going to be offering you? in the acceptance letter or did it pop up in your Eraider account? I have yet to hear from Baylor..when did you apply? I applied during regular decision.
152/3.78

mij

• P.S....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 08:50:51 AM »
Tech sent $ info with my acceptance letter. I don't know if that's how they always do it or not though.  As for Baylor, I applied early (like Sept./Oct.) and I just heard from them a few weeks ago.  I think they're just taking they're sweet time to make us all crazy. 

Nat Mad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 12:59:55 PM »
Hey,
My name is Natalie and I will be a 2L next year.  I'm really glad I decided to go to Tech.  I had  great teachers, met great people, and really enjoyed it. 
If anyone is looking for a place to live next year, I am looking for 2 roommates.  The house is 2500 sq ft, in a really safe neighborhood, 3 bedrooms, 2 bath.  The rent is 400 a month plus bills.  I have a miniature daschound.
I have most furniture except a kitchen table and some kitchen stuff, I bought a big screen tv!  If you have any questions you can email me at natalie.madden@ttu.edu

lawxtina

• View Profile
    • My Myspace Page
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 12:57:55 AM »
hey is it 400 a person or total and then split? get back to me!
152/3.78

mij

• P.S....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 02:08:06 PM »
So, what made all of you decide on Tech?  Have you looked for places to live yet?

lawxtina

• View Profile
    • My Myspace Page
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 02:44:25 PM »
Well I have not FULLY decided on Tech yet...but they do have my deposit. I am waiting to hear from UH and I am on UT's wait list..so it may be a LONG time till I know for sure where I am going!
152/3.78