Law School Discussion

This is not the pre-law board

vercingetorix

• Vive le quebec libre
    • View Profile
Re: This is not the pre-law board
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 11:15:50 PM »
You do have to admit that golf is a bourgeois hobby... it's pretty clearly not a game associated with the oppressed proletariat. As for the value of his moniker, I have no opinion (especially since I've never seen an episode of Rome).
Hopefully the OP will appreciate this name calling and petty bickering that he so desperately sought instead of sharing any accumulated insight and experience...
Rob
(whose moniker is neither a reference to a bourgeois pastime nor a cable series...)
As someone that golfs and is currently sitting in my pleated khakis & Sperry Top-Siders, you can go suck it.
Your pop-history Gallic reference of a moniker is far better. I'd love to hear your opinions on Season 2 of Rome.
[/quote]

hmmm where to begin here?   Coxless you were an AirForce pogue so I forgive you the pleats and tassles, I would expect nothing less.  As for your comments about the bickering he so desperately sought,isn't that the whole point of this thread? what insight could you possibly offer into his comments?  what is a guy in law school doing wastin so much time in these retarded chatrooms anyways?  while I appreciate that you are trying to cultivate your neutral ranking by playing switzerland to the audience (your rep was in the negatives for a time) this is a lame chat site and defending a feminine hygiene product makes you sound like a ninny.  by the by since vercingetorix was executed on the orders of Julius Cesar (and since you obviously have not read the Gallic wars he was strangled 10 years after his capture), what could he possibly care about season 2 of Rome? 

Rob- your comments are lost on me.  bourgeois here has nothing to do with class warfare as your clever little missive erroneously implies but instead attacks golf's ridiculous attempt at conventional respectability...my comments were rather a patrician attack on this pastime for mooncalves.. 

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2007, 07:09:42 AM »
Rob- your comments are lost on me.  bourgeois here has nothing to do with class warfare as your clever little missive erroneously implies but instead attacks golf's ridiculous attempt at conventional respectability...my comments were rather a patrician attack on this pastime for mooncalves.. 

Sorry for the confusion... just trying to make a 'funny comment' for the amusement of Mr3putz, the OP.

ericptk2000

• MSU' 10
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2007, 10:01:56 PM »
Please direct all of your questions about the application process or "life in law school" to the "Pre-Law" discussion board.

You'll find a helpful link on the left side of the page at the top.

Some of us who are actually IN law school like to read the funny comments during class that are often born out of topics involving personal vendettas, name-calling, etc.  If you want help on where you'll likely get in with your bad GPA, etc., you will find great assistance on the pre-law side of the board or at other websites. 

Either way, just as you aren't allowed to go into the women's bathroom if you are a man, if you are not a law student, you should not be in the law student board.  Capice?

As one of those pesky 0L students who has posted on this website, has it occurred to you that we might actually want the advice of someone who is already in law school?  I think you should feel proud, because you made it this far and it is obvious that you are fully enjoying it.  Maybe we should set up an additional slot that is specifically for pre-law students where only law students and graduates could answer.  Until then, as one of those very annoying 0L students, thank you to those of you who actually respond to our questions!!

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2007, 10:48:53 PM »
As one of those pesky 0L students who has posted on this website, has it occurred to you that we might actually want the advice of someone who is already in law school?  I think you should feel proud, because you made it this far and it is obvious that you are fully enjoying it.  Maybe we should set up an additional slot that is specifically for pre-law students where only law students and graduates could answer.  Until then, as one of those very annoying 0L students, thank you to those of you who actually respond to our questions!!

As a pesky 3L, I feel compelled to point out that those in law school who feel a compulsion to aid those looking to enter law school are perfectly able to find the pre-law board and are also able to post on that side of the world.

That said, I find the battle of the entitled rather boring, regardless of which board it appears on.

brewha

• I drank much of this after the Bar Exam....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2007, 10:33:51 AM »
Yeah, thanks. That clears up everything except the analogy of male/female restrooms to Prelaw/Students and Graduates sides of the board. I'm not sure I understand that analogy.

I just wanted to chime in on what I've come to realize is "My Kind of a Topic Thread."  To my learned colleague who is having a bit of trouble with the male/female restroom analogy, you need to put the analogy in context before you grapple with its meaning.  Imagine, if you will humor me, that you had just completed your last final for the semester and are on your way to the nearest bar.  As per tradition, upon entering said bar, you immediately order 9 shots of tequila and 3 limes for good measure.  After inhaling these shots, you next are the recipient of 4 Irish car bombs from that weird girl/guy who is trying to take advantage of your obvious intoxication. 

This is where it gets a bit tricky.  You've consumed all of the above alcohol and are on the verge of puking your guts out.  As you run to the bathroom, you have all of 1 second to discern which is the appropriate venue for your gender.  More focused on avoiding potential disaster, you run into the women's bathroom (I'm a guy so go with me on this one ladies) and do your business.  After defiling this washroom, 5 angry "Butch"-looking lesbians take offense and beat you within an inch of your life.  THIS is the negative association the OP was looking to convey with entering the opposite sex's bathroom. 

Now if we take this a bit further, we can infer that the OP is telling 0L's that 5 angry "Butch"-looking lesbians will beat the ever loving hell out of those brave little 0L's who post on this side of the board. 

Questions?  Comments?  Anecdotes? Songs?

leostrauss

• The silence of a wise man is always meaningful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2007, 10:06:36 AM »
I finally understand. Thank you. That was entertaining to boot.