Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Druggie at Law School.....Pissed!  (Read 3505 times)

Seal Clubber

• View Profile
Druggie at Law School.....Pissed!
« on: March 10, 2007, 09:12:43 AM »
I was at my undergrad within the last week, to see the 9th Circuit hold hearings at the law school. While, waiting to get back in I saw a guy I knew from Jr. High and High school. He was the brother of a guy I used to be really good friends with, until he and his other buddies started heavily using drugs. Well, my friend's brother spent all of high school in a stupor, and fried his brain so badly that he was categorically retarded at some level. Mind you before he started doing drugs, he was exceptionally bright. The last time I saw him, he was at this place near where I live, where hippies and the like hang out, and he was clearly wasted. That was 5 years ago.

Well, I saw him at the law school with other law students, and he was discussing, competently, the facts and proceedings of the first hearing. I almost went postal. This feminine hygiene product, who, smoked himself stupid was in law school and I was furious. What business does the university have in admitting Jim Breuer's character from Half-Baked, into law school, when I am on the waitlist to get in? Granted he was probably a 1L, possibly a 2L and I am not competing against him.

I had no idea this guy even graduated high school, let alone successfully attended college.

Anybody have any thoughts?

SpaghettiOs

• View Profile
Re: Druggie at Law School.....Pissed!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 09:36:33 AM »
Whoa.  This is absolutely none of your business.  People change, you know.  Do the math- high school was forever ago. 

Furthermore, you say he is "categorically retarded" and a "feminine hygiene product" but what does that make you if you didn't get in, and he did?!!  I wouldn't go around saying that.  And the fact that someone has to tell you that speaks volumes as to your logical reasoning.  That, my friend, is why you are on the waiting list. 

Your (not-so future) classmates should count their blessings that you were not admitted because you are the whining little female dog that everyone hates in law school.  Sorry to be harsh, but it's true.  The sooner you get over yourself and stop meddling into other people's business, the better.

Seal Clubber

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 10:01:40 AM »
You are right. I am so narrow minded to think that someone cant change...what is wrong with me? Maybe I don't deserve to study law. Maybe I am the one who is retarded...that must be it, somehow the adcoms gleaned that from my personal statement and they are only holding me on the waitlist only to let me down gently....that must be it.

Idiot!

I have plenty of decent offers to go to school, so unfortunatley my "whining" will be heard by others and I will do well, becuase there is nothing wrong with my logical reasoning, there must be something wrong with yours to assume that my being waitlisted must be as a result of my logical reasoning, when in reality it has nothing to do with it.

Don't worry, I will have no problem succeeding in law school, my logical reasoning is fine...it just appears that you need to stand on a box and waive your little defend the second chancers flag.

I wholeheartedly believe in second chances, but there is something not right about him being in law school, he did not graduate high school, sure he could have his GED, but how he finished college is an amazement. I just find it ridiculously strange how he and his brother are in the same class at the same school, I dont think he made it in on his own merits.

Anyhow no matter, brain cell destruction is permanent and it will catch up to him sometime...

Ronald Hyatt

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hedgehog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 10:17:48 AM »
Maybe you should go to BYU or Liberty Law where you won't be confronted with the reality that plenty of smart, successful people smoke pot, daily. I find it hard to believe that you didn't learn this lesson in college like most people do. The lesson? Don't you worry about him. You worry about you. Oh, and Envy makes a putrid perfume, so stop wearing it.
"Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate."
http://imdb.com/name/nm0000465/bio

antwan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 08:04:55 PM »
I was at my undergrad within the last week, to see the 9th Circuit hold hearings at the law school. While, waiting to get back in I saw a guy I knew from Jr. High and High school. He was the brother of a guy I used to be really good friends with, until he and his other buddies started heavily using drugs. Well, my friend's brother spent all of high school in a stupor, and fried his brain so badly that he was categorically retarded at some level. Mind you before he started doing drugs, he was exceptionally bright. The last time I saw him, he was at this place near where I live, where hippies and the like hang out, and he was clearly wasted. That was 5 years ago.

Well, I saw him at the law school with other law students, and he was discussing, competently, the facts and proceedings of the first hearing. I almost went postal. This feminine hygiene product, who, smoked himself stupid was in law school and I was furious. What business does the university have in admitting Jim Breuer's character from Half-Baked, into law school, when I am on the waitlist to get in? Granted he was probably a 1L, possibly a 2L and I am not competing against him.

I had no idea this guy even graduated high school, let alone successfully attended college.

[/quote

My first instict to call you out as possibly the biggest tool that I have ever encountered, and advise you that you are not going to bode well in law school or in practice with that sort of attitude. Its really remarkable to come across someone so arrogant and judgmental. Sorry to be so harsh, I actually feel a little bad for you. Perhaps you should give this friend of yours more credit if what you say about his background is true. He obviously turned his life around and has learned from his mistakes. That is far more impressive than your attitude. Law school is about people as much as it is the law. You can be brilliant, but if you cant relate to people its going to be long three years, and good luck with employers, I'm sure you will be popular at the firm. If you grew up in a bubble its time to burst it!

GOB BLUTH

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 10:00:31 PM »

Were the hearings at Boalt?  They had hearings here in mid-February.

Ronald Hyatt

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hedgehog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2007, 10:06:13 PM »
Nah. It was probably one of that Arizona schools.
They held court at U of AZ on Mar. 6 and ASU on Mar 8

http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/ca9/calendar.nsf/list+calendar+by+date?OpenView&Start=1&Count=100&Expand=1.1#1.1
"Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate."
http://imdb.com/name/nm0000465/bio

WhiteyEMSR

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 10:33:51 PM »

You suck, and your use of commas is horrendous.

JohnnyAwesome

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 10:57:58 PM »
quite possibly the funniest post i've read on this site. I generally hate this board, and i never run out of reasons to remember why i hate this board.

to the OP, grow up, stop being judgmental and worry about yourself.

tortfeasor111

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2007, 12:34:54 AM »
You seem pretty uptight.  Maybe you should start taking drugs.