Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ohio State University Moritz College of Law Fall 2007 Roll Call  (Read 22032 times)

NeoElle

• View Profile
Oh my gosh there is no one that has posted in this topic since 2005?  Well, after weighing my options I think OSU is it for me.  I have fairly good numbers but am a semi-splitter with a 92-93 percentile LSAT but a 3.3 GPA.  I was waitlisted at a bunch of the Top 20 schools and I'm tired of writing those continued interest letters and bending over backwards to "win people over" when OSU has outright accepted me, kept in contact and were so nice and concerned along the way.  Keep it up OSU that's how you get great students!!   

Anyway, after doing extensive research I just think it's a GREAT law school period.  While it's firmly planted in the T1 I feel that it's severely underrated.  Honestly OSU as a "Public Ivy" has everything you would ever need if you: sprain your ankle, chip your tooth or need an eye exam (This all occurring during the course of an OSU/UMich game of course.  :)  So, not only is OSU's Moritz College of Law a top tier school, but they employ nationally recognized scholars in their respective fields.  Personally, I was blown away when I found out that Joshua Dressler teaches at OSU.  That man's "Understanding" book series is on professor's recommended reading lists at almost every law school in the nation and has helped countless 1L's brave the storm that is your first year.

Anyway, I'm going to the several open house things and hope I'll meet some of you!!  Please post here if you intend on entering OSU Moritz College of law for the Fall, Or P.M. me if you are shy.  I'd love to get to know some of my future classmates-- C/O 2010~  !
OSU Moritz College of Law c/o 2010 --I think, see below =(

Waitlisted: ND, GW, UIUC & WUSTL

Haven't heard from: UCLA

NeoElle

• View Profile
Re: Ohio State University Moritz College of Law Fall 2007 Roll Call
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 11:03:17 AM »
Forgot to mention that BIGLAW in Ohio recruits very aggressively from OSU.  They are the top law school in the entire state of Ohio and therefore have incredible alumnus ties (Jones Day and Baker-Hostetler immediately spring to mind with 10+ partners having graduated from OSU).

Just though I'd add that little bit of info since I'll soon be a Buckeye!   ;D 

OSU Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 02:26:40 PM »
Welcome to Moritz!  I am really glad you chose us.  (And not just because you said something nice about me.)  It *is* a great law school, and I am proud to be a professor here.  Enjoy.

client228

• Drinking the pain away~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 01:56:41 AM »
Haha,
I'll be the second soon-to-be Buckeye to post here.
As excited as I am about the new school, trying to book an apt sight unseen is a bit challenging!
Hiro Nakamura (attending):
Peter Petrelli (accepted): Ohio State, Wake Forest, University of Wisconsin, George Mason, Seton Hall, Cardozo Yeshiva, UConn
Issac Mendez (wait/def): Fordham, UMN, WUSTL, UNC
Niki Sanders (Rejected) BC, U Tex, Notre Dame, Northwester, U Chicago

NeoElle

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 06:37:38 PM »
Haha,
I'll be the second soon-to-be Buckeye to post here.
As excited as I am about the new school, trying to book an apt sight unseen is a bit challenging!

Oh Yay!  Sorry I wasn't here to post when you first replied... But I am now soo Hiii!  You'll have to PM me and intro yourself  :)  Judging from the emails I've been getting we might be getting our section assignments soon- or well at least early.

Toddrick33

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 10:54:04 PM »
I see that you mentioned open houses, and I was just wondering what went down at the open house last Thursday, the 12th. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it. Ohio State is probably my first choice (tied with a couple of other schools that go back and forth easily!)

I was also curious about housing. Do they have nice graduate housing, or are you left to fend for yourselves?

Thanks!

ohiostatelaw

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 02:57:50 AM »
I'll also be a buckeye this fall :) I'm soo excited about attending Moritz!

NeoElle

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 09:47:53 PM »
I see that you mentioned open houses, and I was just wondering what went down at the open house last Thursday, the 12th. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it. Ohio State is probably my first choice (tied with a couple of other schools that go back and forth easily!)

I was also curious about housing. Do they have nice graduate housing, or are you left to fend for yourselves?

Thanks!

Hey Alan,

Well they have a really nice housing development called the South Campus Gateway- with the majority of units reserved solely for the law school.  It's super close to Moritz and kinda on the pricey side, but the convenience and atmosphere alone (both of the apartments and of the area) may win over the most frugal of law students.  Within the same development, which I believe is only about 5 years old, they have a Barnes and Noble, Panera Bread, the Barrister Club (which is where all of the special receptions and mentoring programs are held) and even a movie theater.  I suppose the South Campus Gateway if anything, serves as sort of "the graduate housing" for the law students.     

The open house that I attended was absolutely wonderful.  And if you check my other posts, you'll see how it went ;)  Hopefully you've already decided to attend and you're actually in my class.  So send me a PM!