Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

What was your very first practice LSAT score?

140 or Below
 2 (3%)
141-150
 12 (18.2%)
151-160
 28 (42.4%)
161-170
 20 (30.3%)
171 or Above
 4 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: So, how did the job search go 1L's?  (Read 6918 times)

Buddy Holly

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: So, how did the job search go 1L's?
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2007, 06:39:29 PM »
I will tell you this-it depends on how much foot work you are willing to put into job searching. I have 3.5 internships this summer: Working for a small law firm, state attorney general office and the chancery court. While working at AG office I will also work on a political campaign. And taking one class this summer to lighten my load for the fall ;)

It's who you know and your presentation, grades matter a little. Working on 2nd year summer internships now- im always hustling for the future!

Can't you get second summer stuff through OCI? Or are you just researching firms? What kind of employment are you looking for?

thelawfool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2007, 10:18:40 PM »
i've got a judicial internship for 30 hours and a small firm internship for 10-15 lined up starting next week.  should be interesting to see the law in action from both sides of the fence.

3.5 internships?  spreading yourself a little thin, huh?  good luck with that.  i'd like to hear how all those experiences go for you.  at least you'll figure out what it is you want to do as a lawyer.
FIU Class of 2009

WhiteyEMSR

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2007, 10:32:41 PM »
i might be able to but i need the money or the financial aid. I dont think that employers will care if i had a job or summer school. It just seems like summer school would probably be a waste of money since im not planning on graduating early. at the same time im getting a little to old to do the bs summer job thing

I've just heard firms like seeing you did something law related the summer before 2L OCI.

I worked for a family business my 1L summer (completely non-law related) and this summer (2L) I'm working BigLaw.

Buddy Holly

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2007, 12:57:25 AM »
i might be able to but i need the money or the financial aid. I dont think that employers will care if i had a job or summer school. It just seems like summer school would probably be a waste of money since im not planning on graduating early. at the same time im getting a little to old to do the bs summer job thing

I've just heard firms like seeing you did something law related the summer before 2L OCI.

I worked for a family business my 1L summer (completely non-law related) and this summer (2L) I'm working BigLaw.

Awesome. I just said that firms like seeing something law related, not that it is required.

WhiteyEMSR

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2007, 10:09:10 PM »
Right, I'm agreeing.