Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Are you tired of discussions about laptops?

Yes
 8 (47.1%)
No
 4 (23.5%)
No, IBM is the best and I will never talk forever about IBM
 1 (5.9%)
Don't know
 0 (0%)
Don't care
 1 (5.9%)
I don't understand the question
 1 (5.9%)
Quiet, I"m reading PLS II
 2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Which school is best?  (Read 724 times)

ericptk2000

• MSU' 10
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Which school is best?
« on: February 26, 2007, 12:34:55 AM »
Which of these four schools would be the best to go to?  Assuming someone wants to have a school with a good reputation that might go beyond the region, which would you select?
Bumpersticker and Laptop (Attending): MSU '10
Bumpersticker (In): Pitt, Case($), MSU($$$$), Loyola, Cincinnatti($), Toledo ($$$$)
I'm sorry can you hold (WL): American
Dropped call (OUT): OSU

UChi2L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Which school is best?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 07:03:35 AM »
I know like a dozen kids who transferred from Case during law school.  This doesn't mean it's a bad school, in fact it implies quite the opposite.  It's a good school that other schools look at favorably.  If transferring is an option or something that you have in the back of your mind, definitely consider it.
I have to believe in a world outside my own mind. I have to believe that my actions still have meaning, even if I can't remember them. I have to believe that when my eyes are closed, the world's still there. Do I believe the world's still there? Is it still out there?... Yeah.

bigfatbox

• View Profile
Re: Which school is best?
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 01:01:38 PM »
Probably Case. However, I'd doubt the degree would carry that far, at least initially, if you don't get grades/class ranking.

As for the transferring thing, good point-if you do well. I've heard that Case used to be ranked a bit higher in the past, so that might have something to do with it.

Have any of these schools offered you money?

Case is expensive, and I'd probably be hesitant to go if you have a cheaper option elsewhere with a similar job outlook.

I doubt the job outlook from Case is sufficiently bright enough for most of the class to justify the high cost of attendance. You probably need to be in the top 20% or so to get the higher paying job offers, I'd imagine.

Can you get in-state tuition at Pitt or Cinci for your 2nd and 3rd years? I would look into their residency requirements if you haven't already.