Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Seattle and its 2 schools...  (Read 517 times)

kirps

• Sr. Citizen
  • Why don't you burn in hell?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Seattle and its 2 schools...
« on: February 23, 2007, 05:46:16 PM »
I keep hearing conflicting information about employment in Seattle. Half the time I hear Seattle University is well respected and places well. The other half of the time I hear that University of Washington is the only place to be.

USNWR Employment stats put SU grads at only about 60% employment at grad but 99+ at 6 months or so. UW is much higher, starting in the 90's. However salary ranges for both schools are about the same.

I read it this way. If you are in the top half or so of your class at SU you'll probably be fine, but lower you'll be screwed. However once you land the job you're about equal.

I am asking all this because I got dinged at UW and I am trying to decide whether SU is worth my time or if I should just move to Seattle and try again next year.

Thanks for any and all help.
In: W&L, DePaul, NEU, Seattle, BC($$$)
Not Not In: GW, Cornell,American, UVA, Vandy
Not In: UW, ND, HLS, UMich, Chicago,  Yale, G-Town, Duke

LSN

Blog[/url

Bob Loblaw Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Seattle and its 2 schools...
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 06:10:12 PM »
there are many factors to look at when reading those stats, and you can probably get some good info from them, but I would not base your decision solely on the graduation placement rate, especially when SU has nearly 100% of grads employed within 6 months and competitive salary ranges. 

I'm currently at SU, and both schools are different in many ways.  You should go check out a class or two at both schools, meet with some professors, maybe some admin and see what they have to say about their respective school.  Go talk to the students.  hang out in the law building.  Talk to some attys in the field that you might want to end up in, and see what they have to say about each school.