Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Good link to SouthEast lawfirms and salaries by market  (Read 578 times)

Budlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Good link to SouthEast lawfirms and salaries by market
« on: February 22, 2007, 10:52:45 AM »
Below is a link to a very good power-point show apparently put together by Indiana Law School for the Southeast of all places. Since we all know NALP doesn't always have salary information for every firm in a city, I thought it was very helpful. It breaks down the Southeast legal market into Atlanta, Raleigh, Charlotte, and then all the regions in Florida, and lists whats hot in the each area (practice wise) and what's not. It then breaks down major firms in each city into salary ranges for entry level associates.

It also has a good bit of information about Texas and the seperate legal markets in that state. I was suprised to learn that 100k a year in Houston is equivalent to over 200k a year in New York City. So it seems that even though New York's firms have raised their current salary to 160K for entry level, 100k starting in Houston is much more. Anyway...take a look for yourselves.

http://www.law.indiana.edu/careers/etc/Texas%20Southeast.ppt#256,1,Indiana University School of Law - Bloomington

UHLAW09

• View Profile
Re: Good link to SouthEast lawfirms and salaries by market
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 12:14:29 PM »
That is fantastic, thanks!

GA-fan

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 01:51:51 PM »
Very interesting slide show, but it takes a lot of clicks to get through the whole show (especially teh firm names). Hey Buds, where did you find this?

Budlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 03:58:29 PM »
I wanted to find out what the starting Associate salary is for the firm I'll be working with this summer  (the firm has a NALP form, but that form only lists starting salary for the Atlanta associates, not Orlando Associates) I did a google search, and this was one of the links that came up. Who knew Indiana people look for jobs outside of the midwest?

Also, the link is a lot better (and faster) if you put it on your own power point so you can just click on an individual slide.

Very interesting slide show, but it takes a lot of clicks to get through the whole show (especially teh firm names). Hey Buds, where did you find this?

UHLAW09

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 04:17:02 PM »
if you right click on it and go to "edit slides" it allows you to just run through them as you like