Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ave Maria Law School Moving to Florida  (Read 3269 times)

JD_LawSchool

• View Profile
Re: Ave Maria Law School Moving to Florida
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2007, 09:59:38 PM »
who says they are giving up anything?  the move would not work if aba status was definitely taken away.  the aba is concerned but this guy has enough money to make it work...and they are mostly concerned with funding anyway...but as of now they are keeping their aba status....

sehrwunderbar

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2007, 10:04:45 PM »
They are keeping ABA accredidation, if they were to lose it that would be the only thing to stop the move. There are many things that are good about this move, they are going to start an LLM program, and various other "centers" and such. I believe they are soon going to announce a new law journal thing too, or at least when they get to FL.

They are officially moving the summer of 2009.

Any other questions?

Budlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2007, 11:21:08 PM »
Cool now they'll be 11 law schools in Florida. Well there hasn't been a new lawschool in Florida opened in a few years, so I guess we were due...

correguachin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2007, 11:58:20 PM »
florida!
pizza!
naples!
catholics!
mmmm... pizza....

TDJD84

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2007, 12:31:58 AM »
sounds kinda cultish.. hope none of the students eat the pudding during orientation! :o

GA-fan

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 08:17:32 AM »
Lol- I am quite surprised the school thinks they can find jobs for 200 students yearly in utopia. Because otherwise, it's going to be a tough market for Florida TTTs in the next few years. Take your pick of 8 schools ranked below 100, some with only provisional accreditation. I am convinced the job market for small firms in Florida is already at saturation for these students. Er, maybe I just don't like conservative right-wing catholics that are against birth control though.  ;)

LegalLatin78

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2007, 01:11:37 PM »
Ave Maria had a lot of good things going for them.  Strong bar passage rate, excellent funding, low attrition rate for a T4.  Shaking things up will certainly cause many potential students to avoid this school. 

jcarroll17

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2007, 08:06:20 PM »
Ave Maria had a lot of good things going for them.  Strong bar passage rate, excellent funding, low attrition rate for a T4.  Shaking things up will certainly cause many potential students to avoid this school. 

im one.

wolfpack2

• Sr. Citizen
  • I should be reading cases....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2007, 09:22:25 PM »

im one.

Me too.  When I was reading this before they finalized it they made it clear they would be seriously seriously putting their accreditation at risk and I was under the impression that they would not know until they got there if they would still have it. Maybe something has changed. Plus, what does that do for this year's entering class after having jobs, networking, even housing, to know that they will be forced to move across the country for their third year?! The stress of that alone crosses them right off my list, even with the 75,000 dollars they're offering.

sehrwunderbar

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2007, 09:44:19 PM »
Well, then maybe you aren't what the school's looking for anyways. I mean, come on, it needs people that will do well to help establish it more and more as the years progress. Just like every other law school has throughout history.

It doesn't matter if you go there or not, I don't care, but don't act like you know what you are talking about because some random blog you read. They said that the accredidation issue was to be decided after the decision was MADE, not after the MOVE was made. Now they are waiting on that info, which everyone believes they will stay accredited. And the only thing that will change people's minds is if they would lose the accredidation, which should soon be determined. Then they will have a vote and hey, that means they won't move, but that shows you they want what's best for the school.

Also, everyone isn't wanting to work in FL, just like everyone doesn't want to work in MI. It is a national law school, so students get jobs all over the country.