Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Contracts Supplements  (Read 850 times)

lah05

• View Profile
Contracts Supplements
« on: February 21, 2007, 08:14:25 AM »
I probably should have started thinking about this last semester, but does anyone have any recommendations for good contracts supplements?  I thought that the class would start making sense by this point, but no such luck.  Anything that has good practice questions and answers (I'm assuming E&E will probably be my best bet for this) would be especially helpful.  Thanks! 
Attending:  Indiana University-Bloomington
Go Hoosiers!

correguachin

• View Profile
Re: Contracts Supplements
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 12:17:11 AM »
Those flashcards are great to learn the basics... they are pretty lewd too, so if you can find a person that you like, they might be a great ice breaker.. hahaha

emmanuel's is alright... i think the best thing to do is to teach yourself early on how to break down the RSC and UCC rules into elements so that you can understand them... go to your teacher if you have trouble doing this and make sure that you figure out how to do it on your own..

when it comes time for the exam, you'll know exactly how to apply the fact patterns to the each element of the rules to come to legal conclusions.. unfortunately, i really didnt learn how to do this until two weeks before my exam.. fortunately though, the exam was open book/open note.. it turned out the most useful thing ever for me..

landrover06

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 03:21:59 AM »
I probably should have started thinking about this last semester, but does anyone have any recommendations for good contracts supplements?  I thought that the class would start making sense by this point, but no such luck.  Anything that has good practice questions and answers (I'm assuming E&E will probably be my best bet for this) would be especially helpful.  Thanks! 

Depends on your Prof.  We're learning Contracts with the Farnsworth book and our prof was a close friend of Farnsworth.  I find that Emanuel and CrunchTime both work well.  I personally like the supplemental material from Aspen.  Good stuff!

pistolpete23

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 03:52:00 PM »

Aspen's awesome. All their stuff is great

BeachBum

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 07:05:11 PM »
If you started with damages, then the beginning is really confusing.  Go and talk with your professor or the teaching assistant.  Contracts itself is so unlike other core subjects because it is heavily guided by restatements and the UCC.  Remember that UCC only applies to sale of goods (not land or services).  Your case book probably lists the applicable restatement or UCC either before or after the illustrative cases. 

Siegal's has some good simple essay questions, that are split up into different categories.  This way, you can see how what you are learning fits into real world sceanrios.  Plus, their explations include which restatements to apply. 
3.7ish, 170+