Law School Discussion

What do ACLU attorneys earn?

Re: What do ACLU attorneys earn?
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2007, 06:14:31 PM »
Quote from: TNlawman25 link=topic=6480.msg51236#msg51236

.but by defending NAMBLA in any way, the ACLU is defending NAMBLA in every way. 

I don't know how you went from "any way" to "every way".  It's an amazing piece of non-logic.  (The ACLU is only defending them in one way, their right to speech)

why would you defend something you find morally reprehensible?... oh wait... you dont. youre FOR the sexal abuse of children..... i guess youll fit in well with the ACLU...

You spell like a child.

Budlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2007, 08:23:44 PM »
Sorry ...got a little worked up there. (that and enjoyed a couple too many beers)

Sorry about that. I just really don't like the ACLU. But I shouldn't have resorted to name calling.

My problem with the ACLU is that they only pick and choose the cases where they think they can get some good face-time. They only care about promoting social justice if it somehow helps out thier agenda. They generally have no sense of right and wrong. Just because something technically falls within the 1st amendment doesn't make it right.  

Their job is to protect the erosion of certain rights and liberties afforded to us by the Constitution. 

No Jacka$$, that used to be my job. I spent 5 years in the Marines so douches like the ACLU could whine about how some piece of crap should be afforded "free speech" while at the same time those very same ACLU douches could care less about me and my buddies and what we did for them. Matter of a fact, they'd mock us as soon as defend us. (fighting against military recruitment of Law Schools sound familiar to you?) So don't talk to me about how the ACLU defends our constitution. Every member of the military swears an oath to defend the Constitution, does the ACLU do the same? Not hardly.  

K. :)

Also, what's with the name calling?  Take it easy, we're just having a discussion here.

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2007, 08:44:41 PM »

Quote from: TNlawman25 link=topic=6480.msg51236#msg51236

why would you defend something you find morally reprehensible?

I don't find free speech morally reprehensible.

You do know that they can't even put pedophiles in jail for sex abuse crimes unless there's a defense attorney fighting for them, don't you?

Are you actually in law school? :o  Are you just trolling? :-\

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2007, 08:55:16 PM »
For all of you complaining about the ACLU, you should actually read a casebook from time to time, particular a constitutional law casebook.  Many of the cases that conservatives love were brought by the ACLU in an attempt to expand rights.  Take a Constitutional law of religion class and you will see how the ACLU has protected Christians of all denominations, Jews and Muslims over the years to ensure their religious liberties were not violated.

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2007, 08:56:11 PM »
I'm still wondering where Rush gets those great haircuts and you guys are talking about the ACLU.

Ronald Hyatt

• Hedgehog
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2007, 09:00:25 PM »
did you notice that tie?

« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2007, 09:08:41 PM »
did you notice that tie?

Jesus, completely missed the tie.  I have no idea how.  What the hell is that all about? 

He's trying too hard to balance the dry, crusted, heavy-starched-dry-clean talk radio with some whimsical, 60s, psychedelic Jerry-I'm so stoned I can't feel my face-Garcia tie.  I bet he thinks it looks cool though.  Although, I can't imagine his cronies are going to put up with that nonsense.  I bet Liddy took him aside and offered him a few bucks to buy himself something respectable.  Then again, maybe this photo was taken during his pill-popping days and he actually was pulling a Garcia, staring at his tie for hours at a time.

The world may never know.

« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2007, 04:09:23 AM »
i liked it when the aclu both challenged and defended the bible in school, at the same time. i think their agenda is publicity... if youre on both sides, you get it all man... you get it all!

eli250

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2007, 08:05:23 PM »
Do any other consevatives post here? Or just liberal wackjobs such as yourself?...i know its an aclu thread but geez.

Why does protecting civil liberties have to just be a liberal issue? 
It also doesn't really help your case to call those who disagree with you "wackjobs."

eli250

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2007, 08:14:43 PM »

No Jacka$$, that used to be my job. I spent 5 years in the Marines so douches like the ACLU could whine about how some piece of crap should be afforded "free speech" while at the same time those very same ACLU douches could care less about me and my buddies and what we did for them.   
[/quote]

Is that really why you spent 5 years in the marines, so the ACLU could whine?
Just because you served in the military, it doesn't justify you claiming that free speech rights have little value.