Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Wayne (50% tuition) v. MSU (Full ride)  (Read 6381 times)

molaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • it rubs the lotion on its skin
    • View Profile
Re: Wayne (50% tuition) v. MSU (Full ride)
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2007, 02:37:03 PM »
Hey Shakedown,

this thread isn't that old!  help keep it alive! haha. 

I plan to work in Michigan after graduating.
MSU 2010

Lech

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2007, 01:38:21 AM »
Well, Gosh, now that Wayne got downgraded to T4 because of stupid fuckhead dean and the morons in the career services office, I'd say MSU.

BUT Wayne is a better school. The only reason we're not ranked higher than MSU is because those dipshits didn't bother calling last year's graduating class to see if they got jobs. I am f-ing furious about that *&^%.

Detroit is a shithole, but East Lansing is too. If you want a higher chance of getting a job, I'd say go to Wayne.

ericptk2000

• MSU' 10
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2007, 12:04:24 AM »
Well, Gosh, now that Wayne got downgraded to T4 because of stupid f**ckhead dean and the morons in the career services office, I'd say MSU.

BUT Wayne is a better school. The only reason we're not ranked higher than MSU is because those dipshits didn't bother calling last year's graduating class to see if they got jobs. I am f**cking furious about that *&^%.

Detroit is a shithole, but East Lansing is too. If you want a higher chance of getting a job, I'd say go to Wayne.

Hey Lech,

I honestly don't think that MSU students will be at any serious disadvantage in terms of jobs.  Certainly, if you want to get into a downtown firm, you may benefit by being at Wayne.  However, I do not think that it any longer makes that much of a difference.  Furthermore, I think MSU is rising fast since DCL moved there and will continue to move up.  Either way, sorry about the ranking drop.  I did my undergrad and am finishing my grad degree at Wayne right now and very seriously contemplated Wayne and think it is a good school, so I hate to see it drop. I really wouldn't worry too much about the rank dropping, because employers in the area already know that Wayne is a good school.
Bumpersticker and Laptop (Attending): MSU '10
Bumpersticker (In): Pitt, Case($), MSU($$$$), Loyola, Cincinnatti($), Toledo ($$$$)
I'm sorry can you hold (WL): American
Dropped call (OUT): OSU