Law School Discussion

ConLaw Question

loki13

• Exterminate all rational thought.
    • View Profile
ConLaw Question
« on: February 08, 2007, 05:44:00 AM »
I have a question-

I looked at my syllabus the other day and noticed that we had a ConLaw writing assignment do on how the different parts of the Constitution work together. Boy, good thing i picked that up the first day of class! Anyway, it was really hard to look at the Constitution and read cases and things, but I thought about how the Constitution impacts my life, and it all became clear to me.

The Second Amendment protects our right to Bear Arms. Then there's the First Amendment right to free speech. Finally, I once heard a classmate remark that the Supreme Court had expanded the Bill of Rights with the Incorporation doctrine and made it apply to more than just the Federal Government.

So I wrote that the interplay of these differerent areas of the Constitution gave rise to the following: giant mecha robots are allowed to have Bear Arms (and if you're a commie activist judge that legislates from the bench, Lion Arms and Rocket Arms and Ab0rtion Arms) and then corporations are allowed to broadcast footage of their battles to me without government regulation. Which means that I can watch japanime on the cartoon network! I threw in some opinions, including some dissenting ones by 'Learned Hand', but I wrote that the 'Learned Hand' ones didn't mean as much because it was a pseudonym judges use when they are embarrassed by the opinion they wrote (like 'Alan Smithee' for directors).

When I was leaving class, I told a classmate about what I wrote. The classmate told me he was the TA (who knew?... I guess I should show up for more classes) and that 'drunk and stupid is no way to go through ConLaw'. I don't get it. Do you think he hates me because in the other class I showed up for I said I was a Federalist and because the Constitution doesn't specifically enumerate the Democrat party in Article I, they should be banned by the Supreme Court, like they did with the Whigs?

Anyway, I have three questions?
1. Did I pwn the paper?
2. Do you think I'll book the class?
3. If not, should I have written about the 4th Amendment and epilepsy instead?

Thanks!

Re: ConLaw Question
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 08:10:11 AM »
I have a question-

I looked at my syllabus the other day and noticed that we had a ConLaw writing assignment do on how the different parts of the Constitution work together. Boy, good thing i picked that up the first day of class! Anyway, it was really hard to look at the Constitution and read cases and things, but I thought about how the Constitution impacts my life, and it all became clear to me.

The Second Amendment protects our right to Bear Arms. Then there's the First Amendment right to free speech. Finally, I once heard a classmate remark that the Supreme Court had expanded the Bill of Rights with the Incorporation doctrine and made it apply to more than just the Federal Government.

So I wrote that the interplay of these differerent areas of the Constitution gave rise to the following: giant mecha robots are allowed to have Bear Arms (and if you're a commie activist judge that legislates from the bench, Lion Arms and Rocket Arms and Ab0rtion Arms) and then corporations are allowed to broadcast footage of their battles to me without government regulation. Which means that I can watch japanime on the cartoon network! I threw in some opinions, including some dissenting ones by 'Learned Hand', but I wrote that the 'Learned Hand' ones didn't mean as much because it was a pseudonym judges use when they are embarrassed by the opinion they wrote (like 'Alan Smithee' for directors).

When I was leaving class, I told a classmate about what I wrote. The classmate told me he was the TA (who knew?... I guess I should show up for more classes) and that 'drunk and stupid is no way to go through ConLaw'. I don't get it. Do you think he hates me because in the other class I showed up for I said I was a Federalist and because the Constitution doesn't specifically enumerate the Democrat party in Article I, they should be banned by the Supreme Court, like they did with the Whigs?

Anyway, I have three questions?
1. Did I pwn the paper?
2. Do you think I'll book the class?
3. If not, should I have written about the 4th Amendment and epilepsy instead?

Thanks!

Haha, I started cracking up in class after reading this.