Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Do Law Firm look at LSAT?  (Read 7205 times)

vaplaugh

Re: Do Law Firm look at LSAT?
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2007, 10:27:30 PM »
NALP Guidelines bars them from asking about your LSAT score. 

Isn't that like saying you shouldn't feed the ducks?

I love the sentence immediately following the one explaining that the LSAT shouldn't be considered when making hiring decisions.

"Factors in candidates' backgrounds that have no predictive value with respect to employment performance, such as scores on examinations required for admission to academic institutions, should not be relied upon by employers in the hiring process. When evaluating second and third year applicants, employers should not place undue emphasis on the nature of a first year summer job experience or on a student's decision not to work after the first year."

http://www.nalp.org/content/index.php?pid=16#part4

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2007, 10:31:48 PM »
possibly, and i dont feed the ducks as a result, well, actually, not true, i do feed them, but they need food. 

The fact is they just cant ask about lsat scores just like they cannot ask about marital status, etc. And, they know that and follow it.

mc378

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 08:19:29 PM »
Sorry -- not a troll at all.  I'm just a long-ago Valpo grad who found the question interesting and wanted to share some good advice.  Ignore the advice if you choose, but it is spot-on, and you can ask just about any successful attorney with a book of business (i.e., lucrative paying clients) to confirm its accuracy.  Enjoy!