Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: transferring out of state  (Read 598 times)

shadylady

• View Profile
transferring out of state
« on: January 31, 2007, 08:54:14 PM »
I have heard that it's much easier to transfer in-state to a better school than out of state. Is this true? What are you thoughts on transferring from a T50 to a T20 in another state?

Thanks!

LostMyMonkeys

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: transferring out of state
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 04:12:00 PM »
I was at a T4 and was accepted at a T2 within the same state as well as a T1 outside the state so *shrug*
Nice ass won't get you through your whole life. When you turn 30 you better have a personality

johns259

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • GW Law
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 04:32:48 PM »
I've heard it makes no difference, though I would think it might easier if the schools are within the same public state system.

xferlawstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 05:03:16 PM »
It doesn't make any difference, you just have to convey to the new school why you want to go to that area.  In the end, transferring is really only about 1L grades and how much a school likes to take transfers.

UChi2L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 06:09:41 PM »
The only reason it helps is for the name recognition of your old school.  I doubt I would have gotten in to any other t6 (does that even exist?) schools outside of Chicago because T3-4 name recognition decreases once you leave the area. 
I have to believe in a world outside my own mind. I have to believe that my actions still have meaning, even if I can't remember them. I have to believe that when my eyes are closed, the world's still there. Do I believe the world's still there? Is it still out there?... Yeah.