Law School Discussion

NOVUS LAW SCHOOL?

Re: NOVUS LAW SCHOOL?
« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2015, 05:29:13 PM »
I'm not saying Touro didn't file a stupid suit. I'm not even saying Novus couldn't countersue over it (and maybe win) but they are a scam. They target idiots and steal from them. I don't need to fill up a whole page to say it, I think you guys are forgetting we're not getting billables for this here.  ::)

But yeah, it makes T look like idiots. But Novus bragging about it? Makes me want to kick them down a hill and then help them up, just to kick them back down it again.

« Reply #101 on: October 16, 2015, 06:31:40 PM »
Novus is what is and bragging that a Judge didnt' declare your school a diploma mill isn't exactly worth celebrating.

NOVUS shouldn't be bringing it up either. Honestly, both sides would be better served by forgetting it ever happened.

You have Touro a school at the bottom of ABA schools attacking NOVUS a school that has no relevance to them.

NOVUS is an unaccredited school in the Marshall Islands and they are going on a ad-campaign that a Judge did not declare them a "diploma mill"

It is Jerry Springer like and both of them should go sit in a corner and not embarrass themselves any further.

« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2015, 06:12:01 PM »
Novus is what is and bragging that a Judge didnt' declare your school a diploma mill isn't exactly worth celebrating.

NOVUS shouldn't be bringing it up either. Honestly, both sides would be better served by forgetting it ever happened.

You have Touro a school at the bottom of ABA schools attacking NOVUS a school that has no relevance to them.

NOVUS is an unaccredited school in the Marshall Islands and they are going on a ad-campaign that a Judge did not declare them a "diploma mill"

It is Jerry Springer like and both of them should go sit in a corner and not embarrass themselves any further.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/6e/bb/de/6ebbdea2a617aac459dc10032856eec3.jpg
 ;D

« Reply #103 on: October 25, 2015, 09:02:07 PM »
Problem here is with lazy incompetent state bar regulators who actually do have standing to go after scammers like Novus.  Likewise, you'd think the ABA might be interested.  Not a chance because there is no money in it for them.  And really except for the equally incompetent and greedy law schools who admit anyone with a "foreign law degree" and the tuition money there wouldn't be a problem.  A Novus grad shouldn't be able to fool anyone; it takes about all of five minutes on Google to figure out there are no law schools in the Marshall islands and all Marshall Islands attorneys studied at ABA law schools.

« Reply #104 on: October 26, 2015, 10:20:28 AM »
Precisely legalpractiioner it was a bi surprising that Touro admitted they were fooled by it in their Complaint. If this were the 1960's maybe the fine print could have been an excuse, but Touro could have easily spent the five minutes to look the school up before granting admission. People make mistakes, but instead of finding a workable solution they went after NOVUS, when they should have simply tried to find a way to let the student qualify for the bar.

NOVUS is an unregulated and unlicensed school in the Marshall Islands I honestly don't know if the ABA or anyone can really go after them, unless they start claiming they are licensed etc. I think the ABA has faith that State Bars and Law Schools are capable of googling NOVUS to know what it is.

« Reply #105 on: October 26, 2015, 08:02:52 PM »
Novus is only incorporated in the RMI, 100% certainty they operate out of California.  There is also a long history here of law school scams run  by the same group:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Kirk_diploma_mills