Law School Discussion

NOVUS LAW SCHOOL?

Re: NOVUS LAW SCHOOL?
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2011, 09:08:30 PM »
Indeed I am.  Name a state.  Please.  Vague generalizations are cheap. 

Show me how to be as informed as you.  Please. Which states have apprenticed lawyers, physicians, dentist and other professionals? 

I think, you might not know what "apprenticed" means and that it was the predominate pre-20th century system for professionals.  Crazy antiquated. Apprenticed lawyers, were apprenticed- meaning the didn't go to school for law or even undergrad.  CA allows it (kind of), what others do? 

I want to be you.  Just a nicer you.

IrrX

• You find yourself in a very actionable position.
    • View Profile
    • Smith
« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2011, 12:12:31 AM »
California, Vermont, Virginia and Washington: no law school required before beginning apprenticeship, aka "reading the law."
New York: one year of law school prior to beginning apprenticeship.
Maine: two years of law school prior to beginning apprenticeship.

That should be a good enough starting point to check their bar association pages and confirm.

« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2011, 03:31:42 AM »
Really? Kudos IrrX.  I didn't know that.  Funny how it took you 3 sentences to say what that d-bag has been trying to say for 3 pages filled with mostly insults.

Do people still do the apprenticeships? Can't say I have ever heard of it being done, at least since the 19th century.

Thanks, man

IrrX

• You find yourself in a very actionable position.
    • View Profile
    • Smith
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2011, 10:29:26 AM »
I don't personally know anyone who has, but the option exists if someone wants to. The trick is finding a lawyer who's willing to put in the kind of effort it takes to get someone through an apprenticeship and pass the bar. I imagine it would take a lot to convince someone to do it, or an already close connection.

justanothersucker

« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2011, 11:44:18 AM »
Yes, your laziness to look it up on your own makes others pathetic.
A lifer had to come in and spoon it feed it to you. Yet to you, that somehow makes you awsome.
Your mom must love putting your pants on you each day.

quote author=fortook link=topic=3006286.msg5395662#msg5395662 date=1319016702]
Really? Kudos IrrX.  I didn't know that.  Funny how it took you 3 sentences to say what that d-bag has been trying to say for 3 pages filled with mostly insults.

Do people still do the apprenticeships? Can't say I have ever heard of it being done, at least since the 19th century.

Thanks, man
[/quote]

« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2011, 04:12:41 PM »
I have never met a practicing attorney who went to an online school.  Does anyone here know one?  I think I read an article once where the attorney on record for some case went to California School of Law, but never personally met any online law school grad attorney.

There are quite a few practicing in California.  ED Denson (used to manage Country Joe and the Fish) got his degree from Taft, and he is a practicing defense attorney in California.  Granted, it wasn't online when he did it, it was still actual correspondence, but it should still count I think.

justanothersucker

« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2011, 04:18:26 PM »
Correspondence should count even more to show it can be done. At least online there is chatrooms,skipe,emails,PMs,etc.

Correspondence you are hanging mostly on your own. Those who can make it to the finish line that way and make a living in the field, have my full respect. Good for him.

« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2015, 10:01:08 PM »
This is just to let Novus Grads know that Toro College took Novus to Supreme Court in New York State claiming that their Law degrees were fake and asked that the Judge rejects Novus Motion and declare that it was a diploma mill...  For those that have not kept up with the case, it started in 2013 finish in 2015, the judge first granted part of Novus Motion and denied the other, which was due to some missing issues that was not entered in the motion. That correction was made and the Supreme Court after hearing both sides told the plaintiff Toruo College that their complaint against Novus issuing fake degrees was denied and Novus won on all counts,

Kobayashi Maru

• Amplecti lactaverunt !
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2015, 07:31:45 PM »
This is just to let Novus Grads know that Toro College took Novus to Supreme Court in New York State claiming that their Law degrees were fake and asked that the Judge rejects Novus Motion and declare that it was a diploma mill...  For those that have not kept up with the case, it started in 2013 finish in 2015, the judge first granted part of Novus Motion and denied the other, which was due to some missing issues that was not entered in the motion. That correction was made and the Supreme Court after hearing both sides told the plaintiff Toruo College that their complaint against Novus issuing fake degrees was denied and Novus won on all counts,
First, that was NOT what the suit was, that is what want to PRETEND it was.
Second, you didn't win any approval, but you know that, and we all know you know that, just as we know you are trying to fool idiots who don't know better, aka your target enrollment base
third, stop making alts just for one post, its obvious and pathetic, just like your entire existence as a scam "school".

« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2015, 09:59:41 AM »
Its interesting that Touro would even be involved in the lawsuit. They are ABA approved, but not exactly a model of success and they might want to worry more about themselves and let Harvard, Yale Stanford, Georgetown etc litigate against sham schools.

As to the New York Supreme Court that is the lowest court in New York so it is just a trial decision. The New York Court of Appeals is actually New York's Supreme Court. https://www.nycourts.gov/ctapps/

So NOVUS was sued by a law school that is scrapping by as is and the lawsuit was dismissed, because there was no purpose to it. NOVUS is an unaccredited law school that provides J.D.'s to students that want to enroll. NOVUS makes no secret that it is not accredited. I assume NOVUS allows you to take the California Bar, since it is the most liberal about who it allows to sit for the exam, but I don't even know if that is true. Therefore, if someone wants to get an unaccreddited J.D. from NOVUS they can. Whether the unaccredited degree has any value is up to the consumer. 

If I was a Touro student I would be upset that the tuition dollars I paid were used on this lawsuit.

Law schools suing law schools is not really helping law students succeed. I honestly, think Touro is more to blame than NOVUS, because NOVUS is saying what it is an unaccredited law school.  I would not enroll in it nor would I advise anyone I know to enroll in NOVUS, but I am just a guy on the internet. Leave NOVUS alone and I wish the best for their current students and alumni.