Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NOVUS LAW SCHOOL?  (Read 72963 times)

justanothersucker

Re: NOVUS LAW SCHOOL?
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2011, 02:58:31 PM »

Uneducated untruths, or straightup lies. Either way you are wrong. There are many restrictions and split into many different types with their own additional restrictions and regulations. Look into something before you blow BS out your Oris-sphincter

[/quote]

CA has no school bar restriction so anyone can take the CA bar, law school or no law school.  That is why you may be able to practice in CA only, if you go to any online school.  [/quote]

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2011, 03:20:40 PM »
This is a time when caps can be use to make a statement clearer:  CA has no SCHOOL bar restriction, hence being technically able to take the bar exam after going to an online law school.  Of course there are other restrictions. Please read the whole phrase before criticizing.  Being so rude about something YOU misread makes you look the fool, btw.
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

justanothersucker

« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2011, 03:25:55 PM »
still wrong. Caps or no caps. LOTS of restrictions on the schools. Try again. Provide proof if you are so sure of yourself.

This is a time when caps can be use to make a statement clearer:  CA has no SCHOOL bar restriction, hence being technically able to take the bar exam after going to an online law school.  Of course there are other restrictions. Please read the whole phrase before criticizing.  Being so rude about something YOU misread makes you look the fool, btw.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2011, 03:39:08 PM »
Lets approach it from another angle rather than trying to prove a negative.  What are the school restrictions?  Do applicants need to go to an ABA accredited school?  Do applicants need to go to a state accredited school?  Can applicants go to an unaccredited online school and still sit for the CA bar?  Are there any law school restrictions limiting who can sit for the CA bar?  If the answer to any is yes, the OP really needs to know. 

The selling point of these various online schools is preparation for the CA bar, not fulfilling a requirement. Every other state requires a JD from either a state accredited or ABA law school to sit for the bar.  CA does not.  That is one reason the CA bar exam is so fricin hard.
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

justanothersucker

« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2011, 03:44:06 PM »
of course these restrictions exists.

Classic 1L trying to sound smart when he's not. 2 minutes in a search engine would take you to their govt run site to get this info. The baby needs its spoon held for it? Fine.  http://admissions.calbar.ca.gov/Education/LegalEducation/LawSchools.aspx
Breaks it into all catagories. So yes school restrictions. Many. More than any other state to be honest(due to the different catagories)
You can't just print off a self styled "JD" off your computer (or ask NOVUS -who is fake- to do it for you either)

Lets approach it from another angle rather than trying to prove a negative.  What are the school restrictions?  Do applicants need to go to an ABA accredited school?  Do applicants need to go to a state accredited school?  Can applicants go to an unaccredited online school and still sit for the CA bar?  Are there any law school restrictions limiting who can sit for the CA bar?  If the answer to any is yes, the OP really needs to know. 

The selling point of these various online schools is preparation for the CA bar, not fulfilling a requirement. Every other state requires a JD from either a state accredited or ABA law school to sit for the bar.  CA does not.  That is one reason the CA bar exam is so fricin hard.

justanothersucker

« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2011, 03:46:27 PM »
You are wrong about every other state requiring a JD from an ABA. Several other states have their own state bar only approved law schools (albeit brick&mortar) Many others allow internships to practice law without even having a JD if done under court/bar supervision.

You really have no idea what you are talking about do you?

Heck- While we're on the band wagon of stuff you probably are clueless about, did you know that several states allow online grads to practice in their state after practicing in CA first for a few years? Others allow you to at least peition to be allowed without even sitting the CA bar first?

Are you also aware that at least one state still allows people who graduate from its local lawschool to skip the bar and go right into practice?
They call it the "good ol'boy rule".

Do yourself a favor. Spend time researching some of this stuff, and then if you want come back and make posts that know what they are talking about.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2011, 04:06:45 PM »
Yes I am aware of the good ol' boy rule in Wisconsin.  I also mentioned state accredited schools. So, yup, check and check.  As to the reciprocity issue (that is what you are referring to is called), not addressed- we're talking about the CA bar versus other state bars, not reciprocity.  But, okaaaaay.

What states still allow apprenticeship lawyers?  You are right I do not know of any states that still allow apprenticed attorneys to practice.  Are there any? If so, name it.

It is kind of obvious you likely go or went to a CA online school.  That's okay.  Please be less vague and provide some specifics rather that say "did you know a state even..."- name the frickin state you weirdo, especially if you use words like "proof".

Okay, deep breath in, deep breath out.  I checked the link you provided.  Rules are stated for the schools by the state, not the student bar applicants.  Now I must ask:  wtf do you think we are talking about?  Below please find a link to Chinese pandas fathered by Russian dolphins- in will prove you so wrong.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2011, 04:32:49 PM »
Okay, I'll "prove" a negative by showing a positive.  The only concrete education requirement in CA is two years of college, you do not even need a bachelor's degree.  Other than that an applicant must show an understanding of the law through education, business or apprenticeship. 

So you are right there is an school requirement, but is is only two years undergrad not law school.

http://rules.calbar.ca.gov/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=-2KV5j0w6Cw%3d&tabid=1227

Look it up, sweet cheeks under Chapter 3.

justanothersucker

« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2011, 09:42:40 PM »
You just want to talk don't you. Look up the first year bar exam. On average 18% pass it.
That seems like a huge enough gate keeper to me. Even ABA students who volunteer to take it (implies ambition and studying to take since not required for them) Have a 60% FAIL rate on it. -So yeah, if a 3L from an online school says something, you can trust him more than an ABA grad who's already passed the bar.

The 60 credits is a state requirment. Applies to the ABA schools too. More states than just CA allow that.
In reality who cares about that part anways? If they can pass the exam that almost no one else who takes it can, they're fine.
As stated-Lots of regulations. Not only simular but harder than most states. 

Okay, I'll "prove" a negative by showing a positive.  The only concrete education requirement in CA is two years of college, you do not even need a bachelor's degree.  Other than that an applicant must show an understanding of the law through education, business or apprenticeship. 

So you are right there is an school requirement, but is is only two years undergrad not law school.

http://rules.calbar.ca.gov/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=-2KV5j0w6Cw%3d&tabid=1227

Look it up, sweet cheeks under Chapter 3.

justanothersucker

« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2011, 09:45:27 PM »
You can not be this pathetic. Not even for a 1L.

What states still allow apprenticeship lawyers?  You are right I do not know of any states that still allow apprenticed attorneys to practice.  Are there any? If so, name it.

Please be less vague and provide some specifics rather that say "did you know a state even..."- name the frickin state you weirdo, especially if you use words like "proof".