Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NOVUS LAW SCHOOL?  (Read 69853 times)

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
Re: NOVUS LAW SCHOOL?
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2009, 02:47:29 PM »
Nevertheless, I'm going to be a finance attorney someday

Please, for the love of all that is good in the world, at least go to an ABA school if this is your goal. This is pretty much a biglaw only practice area. There are no online law school graduates in the ENTIRE UNITED STATES in ANY biglaw firm. NONE.

There is a lot to be said about the "make it happen" attitude, but the "make it happen" part needs to come at the point of getting into an ABA school.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

skillmanlaw2

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2009, 01:12:35 PM »
Thank goodness there is an understanding for the need of Distance Education Law and Novus Law School does provide this. Going to school can get in the way of doing what is really needed/working with the law. Ask yourself how many of the schools did get started and then research the information. If you already have a degree or two degrees, then why do you not know how to follow instructions with a distance school? Taking the BAR is a goal, but why can you not get a law school degree online. Asking questions and getting the answers might help to better comprehend the real issues at present needing changed. Realizing the problems for what is needed only can contribute to distance law schools.                   :o

lawrookie

« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2010, 09:57:13 PM »
Online law degrees are ok, but Novus isnt approved by the state bar so you cant become a lawyer via it. I repeat not able to become a lawyer.

Thank goodness there is an understanding for the need of Distance Education Law and Novus Law School does provide this. Going to school can get in the way of doing what is really needed/working with the law. Ask yourself how many of the schools did get started and then research the information. If you already have a degree or two degrees, then why do you not know how to follow instructions with a distance school? Taking the BAR is a goal, but why can you not get a law school degree online. Asking questions and getting the answers might help to better comprehend the real issues at present needing changed. Realizing the problems for what is needed only can contribute to distance law schools.                   :o

Dezarie123

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2011, 10:59:45 AM »
WELL I AM TRYING TO ATTEND NOVUS NOW AND I SEE THAT ALL THEIR DISCLOSURES ARE ON THE PAGE LETTING YOU KNOW THAT THEY ARE NOT ACCREDITED IN ANY WAY. ALSO I FEEL AS THOUGH IF YOU WANT TO GO TO AN ON LINE SCHOOL IT WOULD BE BETTER IF ITS CHEAPER AND LESS STRESFUL ANYWAY BECAUSE ALL THE ONLINE SCHOOL MAKE YOU PAY ALL THESE FEES TO BE REGISTERED WITH THE STATE BAR OF CALIFORNIA AND MORE FEES TO TAKE THE DAG ON FIRST YEAR LAW STUDENTS EXAMS ETC.  IF YOU FEEL AS THOUGH YOU CANNOT GET INTO A TRADITIONAL LAW SCHOOL AND ON LINE IS YOUR OPTION THEN I SEE NOTHING WRONG WITH NOVUS (AS LONG AS THEY SEND YOUR BOOKS AND MATERIALS ETC).  NOVUS ALLOWS YOU TO FINISH IN TWO YEARS IF YOU ARE REALLY FOCUSED.  IF YOU ARE GOING TO WASTE YOUR TIME ON A ON LINE LAW SCHOOL WHY GO SOMEWHERE FOR FOUR LONG YEARS AND WASTE TIME ( AS OPPOSED TO TWO YERS AT NOVUS) AND MONEY AND STILL NOT KNOW IF YOU CAN USE YOUR ONLINE DEGREE ANYWHERE ANYWAY.  I DONT SEE THE BOTHER IN THE HEADACHE.  JUST MY OPINION. 

Swede1

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2011, 01:32:29 PM »
@Dezarie123.  When you type in all caps like that it makes it VERY difficult to read. I, for one, don't bother reading past the first few words when you do that. Just a hint.

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2011, 12:17:25 AM »
I said this before and I'll say it again:  It really doesn't matter which online law school the student attends.  This is because the student is the one that does the learning.  Only a few years ago, home schooling was looked down on.  Now, it's an accepted alternative form of getting an education.  Online law school graduates will have to demonstrate that they know much more than brick and mortar law school graduates.   Getting published, self-published, or published online is one way to do this.  Other online law school graduates prefer to intern in an attorney's office.
Angie

ms.perfect

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2011, 04:32:03 PM »
Hello,
are you still at Novus? I am ready to send in my criminal Law exam.

Greetings from Munich

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2011, 11:41:53 PM »
What is your daily study schedule?  Do you work also?
Angie

ms.perfect

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2011, 05:35:32 PM »
Hi,
yes I do work as international Flight Attendant......However.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2011, 02:21:35 PM »
WELL I AM TRYING TO ATTEND NOVUS NOW AND I SEE THAT ALL THEIR DISCLOSURES ARE ON THE PAGE LETTING YOU KNOW THAT THEY ARE NOT ACCREDITED IN ANY WAY. ALSO I FEEL AS THOUGH IF YOU WANT TO GO TO AN ON LINE SCHOOL IT WOULD BE BETTER IF ITS CHEAPER AND LESS STRESFUL ANYWAY BECAUSE ALL THE ONLINE SCHOOL MAKE YOU PAY ALL THESE FEES TO BE REGISTERED WITH THE STATE BAR OF CALIFORNIA AND MORE FEES TO TAKE THE DAG ON FIRST YEAR LAW STUDENTS EXAMS ETC.  IF YOU FEEL AS THOUGH YOU CANNOT GET INTO A TRADITIONAL LAW SCHOOL AND ON LINE IS YOUR OPTION THEN I SEE NOTHING WRONG WITH NOVUS (AS LONG AS THEY SEND YOUR BOOKS AND MATERIALS ETC).  NOVUS ALLOWS YOU TO FINISH IN TWO YEARS IF YOU ARE REALLY FOCUSED.  IF YOU ARE GOING TO WASTE YOUR TIME ON A ON LINE LAW SCHOOL WHY GO SOMEWHERE FOR FOUR LONG YEARS AND WASTE TIME ( AS OPPOSED TO TWO YERS AT NOVUS) AND MONEY AND STILL NOT KNOW IF YOU CAN USE YOUR ONLINE DEGREE ANYWHERE ANYWAY.  I DONT SEE THE BOTHER IN THE HEADACHE.  JUST MY OPINION.

CAPS can be over used (AND are WAY too OFTEN). I couldn't read through this mess. You are not doing Novus any favors here.

CA has no school bar restriction so anyone can take the CA bar, law school or no law school.  That is why you may be able to practice in CA only, if you go to any online school.  CA, however, has one of the toughest bar exams in the country.  I have never met a practicing attorney who went to an online school.  Does anyone here know one?  I think I read an article once where the attorney on record for some case went to California School of Law, but never personally met any online law school grad attorney.
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."