Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NOVUS LAW SCHOOL?  (Read 73372 times)

LawMan2007

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: NOVUS LAW SCHOOL?
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 01:21:26 AM »
Isn't Novus only for students in California?

No Novus if you read the Online catalog offers programs worldwide and attorney supervised in 7 states see www.novus.edu US BAR ADMISSIONS or go to www.usbar.info

law4justice

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2007, 01:33:53 AM »
It was my understanding that it was a sham law school. That thier degree does not allow you to sit for any bars and that the two owners live in Europe. I would not suggest it. Google them online.... and you will be able to locate the suits that were filed for the fraud.

I am a Law Student at Novus Law School and I'm reading your statement that it is your understanding that Novus is a sham law school, and then I'm reading where you misspelled "thier" degree does not allow you to sit for any bars and that the two of the owners live in Europe. You further claim that you can Google them online and you'll be able to locate lawsuits that were filed against them for fraud.

I personally know two of the professors that teach at Novus, as the president of the school and they live in California, where I live. I also know (and did Google) that there are no lawsuits filed against them at present, nor have there ever been. I have been an arbitrator and a mediator for over 15 years, and I'm not seeking to take a bar, but I do understand and it was explained to me how attorney supervised study works and how you can earn a degree and become an attorney by combining law study with attorney supervised study. I verified this with the American Bar Association, which Novus Law School provides a direct link to on their website.

In light of all this, I would say that your statements are either delusional or outright lies. I have no way of knowing why you would print such statements when any person can easily verify through the American Bar Association and by Googling as you suggested, that Novus is a Law School with an excellent reputation assisting students throughout the US and attorney supervised study and for specialized practice fields like mine.

esquiremd900

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 01:35:10 PM »
Email Recived-

This is laugable.
Dear Law Discussion Poster:

This letter is in regards to defamation's concerning Novus Law School. Due to Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act which provides that "[no] provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider," and that "[n]o cause of action may be brought and no liability may be imposed under any State or local law that is inconsistent with this section." This means that  Novus Law School can not sue  Law School Discussion ,however we can sue you.

Your posting states, esquiremd900

“It was my understanding that it was a sham law school. That thier degree does not allow you to sit for any bars and that the two owners live in Europe. I would not suggest it. Google them online.... and you will be able to locate the suits that were filed for the fraud.”

You can Google and there are no such lawsuits or frauds, however many people have called us asking about this statement. Novus Law School may have in fact suffered losses both economic and to its reputation as a result of this posting.

It does not take an in-depth investigation to determine these are outright lies ,even the most elementary investigation will show that.We see how you have tried to through clever use of words diminish your libel,however we believe that we can prove libel in a court of law and once a suit is filed we will seek your true identity from Yahoo.

In the entire 10 years that Novus Law School has been in existence, not a single lawsuit or charge has been brought against the school for anything and no charges or lawsuits have been filed against Novus Law School for anything on a state or federal level and Novus Law School has No unresolved consumer complaints, with the BBB or consumer affairs of any state or country.

I can be contacted by phone at 661-674-6571 or by email at GeneralCounsel@nulaw.org I am General in-house counsel for Novus Law School

Respectfully,

Jay Thomas
General Counsel
Novus Law School

It was my understanding that it was a sham law school. That thier degree does not allow you to sit for any bars and that the two owners live in Europe. I would not suggest it. Google them online.... and you will be able to locate the suits that were filed for the fraud.

I am a Law Student at Novus Law School and I'm reading your statement that it is your understanding that Novus is a sham law school, and then I'm reading where you misspelled "thier" degree does not allow you to sit for any bars and that the two of the owners live in Europe. You further claim that you can Google them online and you'll be able to locate lawsuits that were filed against them for fraud.

I personally know two of the professors that teach at Novus, as the president of the school and they live in California, where I live. I also know (and did Google) that there are no lawsuits filed against them at present, nor have there ever been. I have been an arbitrator and a mediator for over 15 years, and I'm not seeking to take a bar, but I do understand and it was explained to me how attorney supervised study works and how you can earn a degree and become an attorney by combining law study with attorney supervised study. I verified this with the American Bar Association, which Novus Law School provides a direct link to on their website.

In light of all this, I would say that your statements are either delusional or outright lies. I have no way of knowing why you would print such statements when any person can easily verify through the American Bar Association and by Googling as you suggested, that Novus is a Law School with an excellent reputation assisting students throughout the US and attorney supervised study and for specialized practice fields like mine.

Alltruth

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2007, 11:44:52 PM »
I am a student at Novus Law School and have been for over 2 years ,I am seeking to BAR QUALIFY for the CA BAR by attorney supervised study ,I passed the Baby Bar with a C , I can say that Novus Law School has provided me with a great legal education . I read some fiction about Novus and Law suits and I am a private investigator and checked this school out completely before I enrolled and there is not one single law suit or complaint I could find .....I can not speak for every Novus student but 2 of my friends in the insurance business also completed Novus and their company paid, I am paying myself I have never had a call go unreturned and Samanatha Fisher my advisor has been there for me all the time.
If you are doing study via a law firm why are you enrolled in an online law school? Isnt that redundant since you only need one or the other to qualify to sit for the baby bar and the state bar in Cali?

Alltruth

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2007, 11:54:11 PM »
Novus is not like the DL laws schools in California. It is basically a tool to assist those who are preparing for the bar via law firm or courtroom apprentice programs.

Alltruth

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2007, 11:58:41 PM »
A degree from Novus does not qualify a person to sit for the bar of any state.

Alltruth

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2007, 12:01:39 AM »
Does anyone know a NOVUS LAW SCHOOL graduate???? Has anyone ever taken any of the programs they offer??? Is it a real school?? I am sure that someone has some information about it??
Novus is a study aid their degree does not qualify you for sitting for the bar of any state in the union. READ WHAT IT SAYS ON THEIR WEBSITE:

http://www.novus.edu/BARADMISSIONS.htm

laurakoel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2007, 09:38:14 PM »
I have tried for months to get someone to call me back from Novus and so far no luck.  Who should I talk to?  Any ideas or numbers you can provide? 

elainem

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2007, 05:42:08 AM »

James

read my post in the summary of online school.
I gave my two cents worth.

I am just as curious as you are. Someone did call me today. I listen and told them to call me back in two weeks, and I will let them know if I will do the program.

Habu

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2007, 06:21:53 PM »