Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Summer Housing  (Read 1077 times)

Budlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Summer Housing
« on: January 30, 2007, 05:51:03 PM »
Is anyone else having a hard time finding summer housing? The Nalp apartment exchange site is basically a piece of crap, and the other sublet sites like Craig's list are basically useless too.

I'm looking for housing this summer in Orlando. Any suggestions?

wakaranai

• View Profile
Re: Summer Housing
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 06:48:20 PM »
See if you can find any resources on the University of Central Florida's site. There are bound to be students who sublet, and you may want to check FAMU Law's site as well.

racheles05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 10:23:36 PM »
I found a short-term apartment in Atlanta on Craig's list. There are also a lot of people from Orlando and the Orlando area at school. Did you try asking around? I know a couple of 3L's who have offers there; maybe they have some ideas.

Good luck! You're with a great firm!

Budlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 12:15:57 AM »
Thanks. I put an ad out on Craigslist last week. I've gotten mostly creepy replies at this point. That and people offering me an apartment nowhere near where I said nothing I stated I was interested in, or with nothing like the type of apartment that I asked for. (I stated I wanted a 1 bedroom or studio, and people send me ads for 1 bedroom in a 3 bedroom apartment with roomates)

How are you doing with the Miami apartment?

I found a short-term apartment in Atlanta on Craig's list. There are also a lot of people from Orlando and the Orlando area at school. Did you try asking around? I know a couple of 3L's who have offers there; maybe they have some ideas.

Good luck! You're with a great firm!

racheles05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 12:21:05 AM »
I'm staying with my family in Broward County, so that's all taken care of.

I'm not subletting - I'm renting an apartment that's designed for short-term occupancy. I hope it's going to work out. I had no luck with subleases, either. People are too sketchy.

Did you ask your firm for suggestions? There might be an attorney who's renting out a room or something.

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 12:26:59 PM »
Thanks. I put an ad out on Craigslist last week. I've gotten mostly creepy replies at this point. That and people offering me an apartment nowhere near where I said nothing I stated I was interested in, or with nothing like the type of apartment that I asked for. (I stated I wanted a 1 bedroom or studio, and people send me ads for 1 bedroom in a 3 bedroom apartment with roomates)

What do you mean creepy replies? 

Why not just rent a room, so you don't have to worry about funishing the living room, paying utilities, internet, etc. and it's cheaper too.

Budlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2007, 12:26:53 PM »
I'm staying with my family in Broward County, so that's all taken care of.

I'm not subletting - I'm renting an apartment that's designed for short-term occupancy. I hope it's going to work out. I had no luck with subleases, either. People are too sketchy.

Did you ask your firm for suggestions? There might be an attorney who's renting out a room or something.

I asked the office manager at the firm, and then she forwarded my question to the firm's recruiting co-ordinator, and she recommended this corporate housing company. They wanted 80 dollars a day for housing in Orlando! Ridiculous. So basically they sucked at helping me find housing.

But I think I found something just this weekend. A little expensive, (but well under 80 dollars a day) but its in downtown Orlando and its only a mile from where I'll be working.

What do you mean creepy replies? 

Why not just rent a room, so you don't have to worry about funishing the living room, paying utilities, internet, etc. and it's cheaper too.

[/quote]

Creepy means creepy. And for not just renting a room, I'm in my late 20's and I have no desire at this point to be roomates with someone that I don't know. I like my space, and I don't want to share that space with some potential psychopath.