Law School Discussion

EZ Rules for Civ Pro

EZ Rules for Civ Pro
« on: January 30, 2007, 08:40:36 AM »
I have the 1999 version of EZ Rules.  I could not find one that is more current. I know their have been several revisions made to the FRCP.  I don't care about minor changes.  My question is have there been any MAJOR revisions since this book was published?  Thanks. 

Re: EZ Rules for Civ Pro
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 09:17:58 AM »
I'm pretty sure the class action rules were changed in 2005.

Re: EZ Rules for Civ Pro
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 08:06:58 PM »
I think the class action rule that the above poster refers to actually has to do with a jurisdictional question ( 1367?) rather than F. R. Civ. P 23.

Other than that, there have been some substantial changes but they escape me at the moment.  There were a batch of amendments that went into effect on 12/01/06 (aint that a B) so you'll want to check up on those (specifically F R Civ P 26 and 50 are some big ones). 

As for the EZ rules, a girl in my class last semester had one that I believe was much more current than 1999 (keep in mind that's 8 years ago). 

IMHO, the rules text isn't that hard; sometimes you just have to keep re-reading and re-reading them until they are beat into your head.  There's not a lot of real difficult language in the rules themselves so I'm not sure you even need the training wheels to get through them (generally speaking).

Anyway,HTH.  Good luck.