Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Take 1L twice?  (Read 660 times)

benny149

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Take 1L twice?
« on: January 29, 2007, 12:37:13 AM »
So let's say someone gets an MLS degree (Master's of Legal Studies) from a law school, and then applies and gets accepted to that same school for the JD program...Considering that the MLS program is pretty similar to a 1L courseload, would you think that the "second" 1L year would be easier, or at least less work? just wondering...

LawLady

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Take 1L twice?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 12:39:02 AM »
It depends on how similar the programs are, and whether the exams are the same, and how good someone is at retaining information.

benny149

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 12:41:14 AM »
basically my question is: can the notes/outlines carry over to the second year, or would it need to be the same professor to reuse them?

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 07:10:28 AM »
I don't think any schools offer an MLS and a JD...I've only heard it mentioned with schools in the UK and abroad.

lipper

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 08:20:13 AM »
We have a MLS program at my school.  The guy I know that is in it takes any classes that he wants - i believe he needs 30 or 45 credits (i forget the exact number) to graduate with his MLS.  He doesn't take first year classes cause they suck.  However, if he did, and then was accepted to the JD program, he could re-use all of his notes.

I think somebody here is trying to beat the system.
check the footnotes ya'll