Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 3.93 at low T1: Advice please  (Read 3385 times)

pam

• View Profile
3.93 at low T1: Advice please
« on: January 27, 2007, 08:22:50 AM »
My fall GPA at a low T1 is 3.93. I don't know what my class rank is yet.

What schools do I have a shot at transferring to? (Especially in California.)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

shady2009

• View Profile
Re: 3.93 at low T1: Advice please
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 09:03:50 AM »
I think your a lock for Golden Gate, Western State, and the University of La Verne.  You can also try John F. Kennedy University Law School or University of West Los Angeles School of Law. 

Congratulations on your grades.  I think the real answer to your question is that you will have a shot at wherever you want (as long as you do as well next semester)

johns259

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • GW Law
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 12:01:34 PM »
You should apply Georgetown Early Action ASAP, if that's a school you'd like. Personally, I think there's no better place in the world to study law than DC. There's more jobs than you can shake a stick at. Good luck, whatever you do.

TDJD84

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 01:09:25 PM »
Why not aim for the stars??? HYS, anything in the t14

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 01:26:50 PM »
I think your a lock for Golden Gate, Western State, and the University of La Verne.  You can also try John F. Kennedy University Law School or University of West Los Angeles School of Law. 

Congratulations on your grades.  I think the real answer to your question is that you will have a shot at wherever you want (as long as you do as well next semester)

I can't believe your forgot to mention the People's College of Law. If the OP gets some strong letters of rec, PCL will be a solid shot.
Air Force JAG Corps

brewha

• Sr. Citizen
  • I drank much of this after the Bar Exam....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 01:48:26 PM »

I can't believe your forgot to mention the People's College of Law. If the OP gets some strong letters of rec, PCL will be a solid shot.

If only I had done well enough to transfter to People's College of Law.  Here is a photo of their entire law library. http://peoplescollegeoflaw.edu/component/option,com_wrapper/Itemid,15/   

[edit] aww, the link only brings you to the general photo page.  2004-2005 has the photo of their 100+ volume collection.
pudding is delightful

rev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 09:49:56 PM »
what boggles my mind is how someone can pull a 3.93 at a t1 and apparently not have the research skills to figure out what school one can transfer to.

LegalLatin78

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2007, 03:33:55 AM »
what boggles my mind is how someone can pull a 3.93 at a t1 and apparently not have the research skills to figure out what school one can transfer to.

Hell yes, more people need to ask questions like this!  Glad to know others wonder the same thing.

tmrlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 11:26:12 AM »
Isn't asking a question on a board dedicated to law school transfers, in fact, a very good first step in doing this research?  She's gotta ask the question somewhere, the fact that she's coming _here_ shows very good research skills indeed, the type you'd associate with her high GPA.

PSUDSL08

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LS #'s
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 11:53:57 AM »
yahoo groups has a transfer database where people list their GPA's and ranks and where they were admitted to. Transfers should start there, then ask specific questions...not just "hey my grades are good where can I go?"