Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: For those in the dungeon.  (Read 1944 times)

PimpNamedSlickback

• View Profile
Re: For those in the dungeon.
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 05:43:45 PM »
I just got done my first semester of law school, did well, and I actually like it. sorry but if it's that bad you should reconsider what you're doing there, or why you came.

And I bet you have a penis to match.   

Get the fvck out of my thread.

JohnnyAwesome

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2007, 12:53:12 PM »
or you could simple complain about it all the time on a message board.  There's other options then law school, if I didn't like what I was doing I would use my college degree and do something else with it. It's that simple.

pappy13

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2007, 05:14:18 PM »
or you could simple complain about it all the time on a message board.  There's other options then law school, if I didn't like what I was doing I would use my college degree and do something else with it. It's that simple.

You must me doing very well in law school.  You're right, there ARE (not contraction of THERE and IS if you are referencing the plural) options other THAN (not THEN) law school. Also, don't end a sentence with a preposition.  Finally, a complete sentence should be punctuated with a period, not a comma. 

There is no reason to show how e-cool you are stepping on someone when they're down. 

JohnnyAwesome

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2007, 06:34:14 PM »
I apologize if my sentence structure was not perfect. All I am saying is that it is rather futile to complain about something that you voluntarily attending.  If it such a bad state of affairs do something else, otherwise deal with the choices you have made. We are all in the same boat, and those that are not happy have to something to figure out why they are not happy.  Too many people at my school, and many others I am sure, treat law school as the cross they have to bear and do not look toward it as an opportunity many people could never imagine.  Instead of feeling bad for yourself because you did not properly budget your time enough to go out on your birthday, try taking a minute to understand where you are currently in your life and be happy for what you have already achieved and what you still have left to achieve. Too many people take the fact they are able to pursue doctorate level degrees that will provide them with a profession that they will never have to worry about feeding their families or being outsourced for granted. If I offended anyone with my prior insensitive comment I am sorry. Feeling sorry for yourself is only going to continue your downward spiral.  If it is that bad you're early enough in the semester where you can leave your books at your apartment, and go to the nearest city with a few friends have a good weekend starting tomorrow.  Sometime that is what you need. Do not lose yourself in the process. If you are unprepared for a class on Monday, sign out and borrow someone's brief. You'll feel better because you took time to yourself.

brewha

• Sr. Citizen
  • I drank much of this after the Bar Exam....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2007, 02:22:57 PM »
I apologize if my sentence structure was not perfect. All I am saying is that it is rather futile to complain about something that you voluntarily attending.  If it such a bad state of affairs do something else, otherwise deal with the choices you have made. We are all in the same boat, and those that are not happy have to something to figure out why they are not happy.  Too many people at my school, and many others I am sure, treat law school as the cross they have to bear and do not look toward it as an opportunity many people could never imagine.  Instead of feeling bad for yourself because you did not properly budget your time enough to go out on your birthday, try taking a minute to understand where you are currently in your life and be happy for what you have already achieved and what you still have left to achieve. Too many people take the fact they are able to pursue doctorate level degrees that will provide them with a profession that they will never have to worry about feeding their families or being outsourced for granted. If I offended anyone with my prior insensitive comment I am sorry. Feeling sorry for yourself is only going to continue your downward spiral.  If it is that bad you're early enough in the semester where you can leave your books at your apartment, and go to the nearest city with a few friends have a good weekend starting tomorrow.  Sometime that is what you need. Do not lose yourself in the process. If you are unprepared for a class on Monday, sign out and borrow someone's brief. You'll feel better because you took time to yourself.

You're dumb.
pudding is delightful

correguachin

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2007, 11:43:58 PM »
Too many people take the fact they are able to pursue doctorate level degrees that will provide them with a profession that they will never have to worry about feeding their families or being outsourced for granted.

easy for you to say...

http://temporaryattorney.blogspot.com/

johns259

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • GW Law
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2007, 12:05:51 PM »

You must not have a liberal arts degree.

LostMyMonkeys

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2007, 12:19:23 PM »

Are you for real?
Nice ass won't get you through your whole life. When you turn 30 you better have a personality

Suzieq830

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2007, 12:58:11 AM »
you cant still enjoy law school and yet complain about the workload every once in awhile. i dont think the two are mutually exclusive.