Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: any T4 to low T1 transfer stories  (Read 2959 times)

bobbykurva

• View Profile
any T4 to low T1 transfer stories
« on: January 23, 2007, 09:05:04 PM »
Hi everyone -  I guess the is the start of your rags to riches story - law school edition.

LSAT was a nightmare for me - took it twice - got a 147 first time around, scored a 149 second time around. Someone must have been smiling on me one day, becuase I was accepted to a T4 in Massachusetts last fall.

I'm currently enrolled in the PT program, and mid-term grades have been released. I scored a 90 in CivPro, 92 in Contracts, 93 in LRW and 94 in Torts. I would have chalked it up to luck if it weren't for the consistency in my grades. 

Here is my question - assuming I can keep up my level of performance, what do people think my chances are in transferring to UCONN Law (#50 ranking) next fall?

PSUDSL08

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LS #'s
Re: any T4 to low T1 transfer stories
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 09:29:38 PM »
Hi everyone -  I guess the is the start of your rags to riches story - law school edition.

LSAT was a nightmare for me - took it twice - got a 147 first time around, scored a 149 second time around. Someone must have been smiling on me one day, becuase I was accepted to a T4 in Massachusetts last fall.

I'm currently enrolled in the PT program, and mid-term grades have been released. I scored a 90 in CivPro, 92 in Contracts, 93 in LRW and 94 in Torts. I would have chalked it up to luck if it weren't for the consistency in my grades. 

Here is my question - assuming I can keep up my level of performance, what do people think my chances are in transferring to UCONN Law (#50 ranking) next fall?

GPA/rank?

rutherford

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 09:32:17 PM »
I was at a very low T4 and was accepted as a transfer to a couple of T2's and one high T1, where I'm enrolled currently. I had around a 3.5 and some relevant work experience after my first year. If you keep up your grades, it's definitely possible.

bobbykurva

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 09:35:01 PM »

GPA/rank?
[/quote]

My school doesn't rank until after the 1st year, however we have a 2.7 median/mean. At this point I have a 3.78 GPA, which I'm pretty sure puts me in the top 10%, maybe top 5%.

Runner-up

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NShawcross
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 09:49:02 PM »
I hate to raise this issue, but what exactly is a "low" T4. From the look the U.S. News & World Report it seems to me that the T4 schools are literally ranked according to the alphabet. Am I wrong?

xferlawstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 10:22:22 PM »
I got into UCONN from T4 with Top 20%, but decided to go to another T1 (USNEWS 40's)

Blunderbuss

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 10:28:15 PM »
Isn't it the case that some T4s have particularly bad reputation, such as Cooley or New England. 

bobbykurva

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 10:29:59 PM »
I got into UCONN from T4 with Top 20%, but decided to go to another T1 (USNEWS 40's)

Do you mind what T4 you came from and what your class rank was?

bobbykurva

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 10:34:29 PM »
Isn't it the case that some T4s have particularly bad reputation, such as Cooley or New England. 

All T4's are purely regional schools. Cooley is in a league all its own if you ask me, especially if you follow their "rankings". Students coming from New England probably have a difficult time as well, considering they're up against BC, BU and Suffolk in the Boston market.

Blunderbuss

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 10:35:40 PM »

All T4's are purely regional schools. Cooley is in a league all its own if you ask me, especially if you follow their "rankings". Students coming from New England probably have a difficult time as well, considering they're up against BC, BU and Suffolk in the Boston market.

You forget a big one, Harvard.