Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transferring from Part-Time  (Read 912 times)

hoflawpt

• View Profile
Transferring from Part-Time
« on: January 23, 2007, 12:46:15 PM »
Just got my first semester grades back from Hofstra Law and desperately want out. Managed a 3.67, I was hoping to do better and try and transfer to NYU but it seems that they won't accept transfers from part-time. Can someone please tell me anything useful about transferring from a part-time program. Also where should I be looking and when should the apps go out?

amoebalaw

• View Profile
Re: Transferring from Part-Time
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 04:59:50 PM »
I have the same question, actually. I did part-time in fall, am full-time this spring, and I *still* don't make the quoted minimum units required to transfer...painful.

There is some useful information on Yahoo's transferapps group, but I haven't noticed anything on this topic yet.

hoflawpt

• View Profile
Re: Transferring from Part-Time
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 10:02:44 AM »
It looks like there is not much information out there about part-time students, so generally, does anybody think that GULC Early Action is even a possibility with a 3.67? I am looking in the DC area, New York and Boston. GULC, GW, BU, BC, Fordham, Cardozo and Brooklyn also willing to take any other suggestions for city schools with a good rep. Seriously any help at all would really be nice, thanks.