Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: PLI Patent Bar Review Full Home Study Course w/ DVD. For new exam!  (Read 3933 times)

ChicagoBound

• View Profile
Ebay item #170071714882
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170071714882

IMPORTANT: THIS REVIEW COURSE INCLUDES MATERIAL FOR THE NEW EXAM BEING ADMINISTERED NOW. MANY OTHER COURSES SOLD ON EBAY DO NOT! You'll need the supplements and drill questions to get ready for the version 3 and 4 MPEP changes that ARE ON THE BAR EXAM. This auction includes those materials from PLI.

The Practicing Law Institute's Patent Bar Review is simply the best. Look online, Google yourself mad -- the fact is that it works at getting you ready for the exam quicker and with better focus on the actual exam you need to pass to practice. I bought this in August 2006, took the exam exactly once about 4 weeks later and passed the first time through with no other guides, classes or preparation. This course really did it all for me and I couldn't be happier with it. Now it's your turn!

If you're reading this, I don't have to tell you that many skilled practicioners require more than one try to surmount the PTO exam. After talking with a lot of people and doing my homework, I am convinced this course is the reason I got through on only 4 weeks of study the very first time.

PLI's full course is a gym-bag full of targeted review material. Here's what is included:

* The full video course on DVD (one disk holds all lectures.) It plays on a computer.
    * The entire course ALSO on audio CD to listen to in the car, including drills and quiz reviews. I used mine in the car and it helped me maximize my study time. The audio course is 38 CD's of drills and lectures!
    * A impressively heavy copy of the Revision 3 MPEP in hard copy.
    * Patware 8.2, which simulates the actual exam with actual exam questions, right down to a searchable MPEP just like the one you'll have available at Prometric's testing center when you take the test. It is loaded with actual exam questions from the PTO itself in addition to other drills that get you ready to take the exam. Though I can't speak for other software brands or versions, I'd mention that probably 20% of the questions I saw on my own bar exam were in Patware 8.2. There is no substitute for this experience!
    * The review course in a big binder, basically a targeted review and outline of the sections of the MPEP that are tested. Most importantly, this course element tells you what sections of the MPEP are NEVER TESTED AT ALL.
    * Claimslight, a claims drafting course inside the bar review course that gets you ready for claim drafting questions. It's also a pretty good introduction to claim drafting if you've never done it.
    * Prime Questions, a selection of past exam questions that illustrate particular tactics used to confuse you on the exam or concepts of value from the material in the review course. I saw a lot of these on my exam too.
    * A pre-course on file-wrapper review in case you haven't been through a complete file history of a patent before. For those of you who haven't had this experience, it's absolutely vital.
    * Most importantly, I've included supplemental exams, quizes, and review material to get you ready for the new exam based on MPEP Revision 4.

All this is perfectly clean and unmarked with nary a creased page and direct from PLI. It looks EXACTLY the way it did when I got it from PLI right before my own exam. This package cost me $2500, but it was worth every penny. I made back my investment on the bar and then some in my first application drafting fee!

Buyer pays $45 shipping. It's heavy as there is a LOT OF STUFF in the full course offered here.